Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Import for Podcasts (OPML)

I'm an avid podcast listener.
I currently use PocketCasts and would love to use Spotify for music and podcasts.
Spotify could (potentially easily) allow one to import csv opml etc, so everyone could easily transfer all their podcast subscriptions to a superior platform.

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
b490491

This would be awesome!
Sucks to have to re add all of them and check which once have been played and not ( dont that when changing before and it isnt fun : (

fallingup79

Any update on this?

sanji

Much needed ! 

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

xcq34tw

Just wanted to chime in and express thanks for the progress on OPML. As Spotify brings in more original content it's increasingly critical to be able to import data from prior aggregators.

Bennarrivo

If Spotify want to be a one stop shop for people who listen to lots of podcasts then this is a must have.

No one wants to be spending an hour copying their favourite podcasts over to a different platform when it can be used better listening to more pods. 

Robin_bird

Usually podcast apps make it EASY TO IMPORT, and impossible to export. That way, the audience is locked in.  Smart.

Spotify makes it IMPOSSIBLE TO IMPORT, so the audience is locked out. Not smart.

TheRealJansky

Spotify, you almost had me with a critical mass of Spotify-exclusive podcasts that I want to listen to...but until I can import my lists so I'm not sifting through HUNDREDS of episodes I've already listened to in order to find the ones that I haven't, I can't bring myself to use your platform as a podcast player.

Clearly there is investment in trying to get people to switch platforms, but you're driving folks to a less-than-perfect product that may turn them away forever if my experience is any indication.

I upvoted.

I finally decided to switch to Spotify. But I’m not now because they don’t allow you to import your subscriptions from another podcast app. Unbelievable. Even the most basic podcast apps have that feature. 

KeepItDicey

Took 3 years for them to realise it was a good idea. It's now been 5 months (at least). By now they could simply grab a premade import code from github and tweak it for their app. 

C'mon guys.