Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Mark all/multiple podcasts played

Add the ability to mark all prior podcasts played. Recently joined spotify and would like to consolidate my apps. If I subscribe to a podcast with hundreds of episodes I would like to be able to pick the last one I heard on my current player and mark it AND all prior played. Currently the only way to do this is by manually marking each episode.

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hi everyone,

Even though this idea was previously marked as "Not Right Now", we're happy to announce that your feedback has helped us improve the app and this suggestion has now been implemented for the mobile app.

If you want to see this feature implemented for the desktop app aswell, you can vote on this idea.

Thank you for participating in our ideas exchange here on the Community and playing a big role in making Spotify better for everyone!

Comments
IzzyEdmonds

I literally can't and won't use spotify as my podcast player until this is implemented.

pedroyoyoma

This is currently a dealbreaker for me for switching to Spotify podcasts full time. If I have listened to hundreds of episodes on another podcast app, I don't want to 1) have all the ones I've heard already marked as new or 2) go to hundreds of individual episodes to mark them played 1  by 1.

davythomas

This is a really basic function and the reason I don't use Spotify to play and manage podcasts.

ocxtmac

We absolutely need this. As I try to move to Spotify for my podcasts, and add in new podcasts, we need a way to show that we've listened to a podcasts' previous episodes (we're talking hundreds to thousands of episodes) as played.

We cannot go through all of these episodes 1-by-1 and mark them individually, we need a way to do this in mass.

JuanF

The lack of this feature is the reason I haven't migrated from Pocketcast to Spotify yet. 

brennoncs

It's been well more than long enough for this to be implemented. This is an essential feature, I'd love to use Spotify for my Podcast for smart speaker integration, alexa integration, etc. but every time I play a podcast it starts me off at the first one from years ago. I am not about to go through hundreds of these to mark them as played. This should be a context menu option. Get on it already. 

Or maybe I'll cancel my subscription and just go to Apple Music full time, since you're forcing me to use the Apple Podcast app anyway.

pedroyoyoma

We're so close to 500. According to their article, that is the threshold for them to take a look at this. I really hope they take it seriously. I would love to transition to Spotify for all my podcasts - but it's impossible without this feature.

IarwainLi

This is cruical functionality to be able switch podcast player.

It is unfeasable to mark every single podcast as listened individually,

Got my vote.

notnixon

This is such a basic podcast feature. Ridiculous that it needs to be requested at all. I WANT to use Spotify for podcasts but without basics like this it's not yet fit for purpose. Fingers crossed you guys will get there soon.

derekduff

This is the #1 absolute only reason I haven't yet decided to move over Spotify as my Podcast player. I am not going to work through a podcast with 1000+ episodes & mark each as played using 2 click per episode.

Please absolutely fix this issue if you want to me (& what looks to be others) to make the move.