Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Search / Filter Podcasts by Language

Would like to see the possibility to filter podcasts on language. This makes it easier to spot (in my case) non-English podcasts.

Updated on 2020-03-05

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks

Comments
lnrappaz

Last comment in December 2018... If Spotify waits for enough votes (by the way, what is « enough »?), I am afraid we will never see this much needed improvement. For expats, for people who want to learn or train other languages or, like myself, for people who live in the non-German speaking parts of Switzerland (around 33 % of the population !).

Thank you !

TJ76

This really shouldn't be that hard to implement. Spotify already tries to throw all the local language content at me. 

hey_caio

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease implement this language feature for Podcast Recommendation!!! I can't bear to hear any podcast in Brazil, they suck, I'm not interested at all on them. I want them in English! Please please please!

Oxaetius

Hey Spotify Team - Would you have any update to share on this idea?

Fra_V

I was about to write the exact same thing. It would be very useful for non-English speakers.

For example, if I search for an Italian keyword, I often get a lot of Spanish results mixed with the very few Italian results (Spanish has 480 milions native speakers, while Italian only has 67). This happens every time some of the search keywords happens to be spelled the same way in both languages. This makes me waste a lot of time in searching, which is a shame, since Spotify is a mother lode for podcasts.

Please take this into account!

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2020-03-05

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks

martin_bayard

Hi @Melody !

I'm really impressed, it took 2.5 years for Spotify to reply "Not right now" ...

It will really motivate your customers to give feedback and ideas to see your reaction time ...

Thanks anyway !

EmmaKarena

This is really uncool.

As a fellow dev, I know this doesn't take that long to set up, one very simple form to replace the preset language parameter...

aagolli10

My problem is different, 

I live in Germany but do not speak any German therefore would like to hear the podcasts in my mother tongue. Please help ! 😞

kleinms

This is a must-have feature for sure.

As an expat living in Germany, it's very annoying going through an endless list of German speaking podcast to find something in English.

Maybe, instead of the filtering, is it possible to select a default language?