Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Search / Filter Podcasts by Language

Would like to see the possibility to filter podcasts on language. This makes it easier to spot (in my case) non-English podcasts.

Updated on 2020-03-05

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks

Comments
querta

Hey folks,

We appreciate you developing the app, and adding your answers to this idea.
We're setting Spotify to 'Not Right Now'.
Thanks

I could recommend Deezer witch is better in case you can view lists of podcasts in different languages. 

Clarp

Obviously, Podcasts need to be in the language you feel most comfortable with... so in my case, I would like to vote for an "English" filter please!

Thanks in anticipation.
Peter Claridge

ncckj

There is only a handful of low quality podcasts in my native language. This podcast feature is utterly useless at the moment for me (and a lot of other people in the world...) since it doesn't show and recommend english ones for me. Even if the language of the app is english.....

MR_FOXES

Just because my payment comes from a certain country I have to listen to podcast in that language? It does not make any sense from a user perspective. I might not even speak the language.

mickpires

I would like if there was a way of filtering languages when you are searching for a podcast on the search tab. For example, when I click to see all in categories. It could exist on the right side of the title a filter. You click there and it is going to appear in the languages that Spotify supports. So, for example, I want to listen to podcasts that the hosts speak Spanish. I click in Spanish, I click on a category, for example, "society & culture" and it is going to appear only podcast of that category which the hosts speak Spanish.

I live in the French Speaking part of Switzerland and Spotify only recommends German Speaking Podcasts. So in any case all the recommended Podcasts are useless for as I don't even speak German....

This feature would help finding Podcasts in my native language as well as other languages...

It's really kind of weird that this feature isn't even considered.

Please make this available ASAP.

Vallinen

Having spotify automatically just show me Swedish podcasts makes the browsing feature absolutely useless. I don't listen to Swedish podcasts, at all. Thanks for being absolutely useless Spotify.

aguabas

Please do it!

CzarOrd

You should implement this idea, we live in a globalized world and scrolling trough thousands of options is tiresome

Youtz

I'm really annoyed, living in Switzerland recommendations are all German. I speak French and English. Thinking of cancelling my membership.