Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Search / Filter Podcasts by Language

Would like to see the possibility to filter podcasts on language. This makes it easier to spot (in my case) non-English podcasts.

Updated on 2020-03-05

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.
We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks

Comments
Miky97it

needed, people speak more than a language !

mitko1pr

It's ridiculous that this still has not been implemented after 5+ years and 1.7k likes. 

MistrzNiczego

Why its still not implemented? Its not that hard to do. hire someone to do this finally if this is so big trouble for you

It's a shame that this simple thing is above your capability

Travaler

It's been 6 years and this still sucks. I live in the Netherlands and I don't speak Dutch. All the recommended podcast are in Dutch and I'm unable to change this setting (or teach the algorithm). 

Lewkiy

It's been three years now that this has been classified as "not right now". One year is understandable but three just feels you buried it to never come back.

I live in France and don't like french podcast (at all). I only need two languages : English and Swedish, and it's really difficult to discover podcasts when the only recommendations are in french. I now realize i simply lost interest in podcasts due to your poor recommendations (in french).

ziplague

They just don't want to implement it. probably has to do with ad revenue, as everything always does. Here's to another year of seeing podcast recommendations in a foreign language.

Er-ror

Please create the filter already. We do not want that bad (I wanted to use stronger language) native stuff. Give me the world-wide spoken language one.

How hard can it be to create a button that just shows English podcasts.....? 

karla29

This much needed. Their podcast recommendation in general is pretty bad. For example, I'm being recommended The shrink next door for a while now and it's not even available on Spotify. So filtering them by language is a must.

sqrtStefano

Please, please, implement this feature, browsing for new podcasts is basically impossible if you speak more than one language and/or are living in a foreign country.

deloquencia

Bump!

Any news about this feature?