Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Linn90

Snexygirl_15@hotmail.com 

@bartjehoel wrote:

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

h3nr1k

Yes, please. I am tired of my family's weird music showing up, just because they used my phone for a weekend a year ago!

Please implement a "reset history" or "reset account" action.

If I ask Customer Care to open a new account to me as suggested in the idea, could they carry over my existing hundreds of playlists?

Linnemoren

@bartjehoel wrote:

Linnemoren

@bartjehoel wrote:

aleks1

Please can this be implemented so I don't have to have my partners terrible music appearing in my discover playlists now we have family??

photsauce

ARRRRGHGHBLLBPPH. I can't stand Discover Weekly anymore. I've tried a number of things to fix it, but it refuses to change. The playlist is hot garbage every week. Please, dear god, let me reset my taste profile. Or at least implement some kind of thumbs up / thumbs down system for each track that shows up in DW, and/or something that lets you manually pick out songs to influence the playlist, so that I can stop trying voodoo in vain.

I understand that Spotify needs my taste profile as a marketing tool apart from Discover Weekly, but that makes this problem even worse: you don't know what kind of music I'm into. You've got a completely warped image of me.

breencrm200

I totally agree with photsauce that tere should be not only a possibility to reset your taste profile but to give feedback on how well that matches your taste. That would be great.
To add another thing: The impact of unwanted unknown songs played by shuffle is definitly to high. For having had one track like this I now have always some tracks of russian gangster rap in Discover Weekly, for I'm neither interested in russian music nor in gangster rap.

zephee

i agree.  its been 3 -4 months since my kids moved to thier own account and my recommendations never seem to adjust.  

atay82

Hi I am also looking for this option. I used my account in my business and a lot of my personal started looking for music and now my discovery weekly is very random and not my music. Is there a solution already?