Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Deadlynomo

A reset would be great! I listen to background music at work but this is very different to the music I like! 

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-12-06

Hey everyone, as this idea as reached over 100 kudos we've brought it to our internal teams. We don't have plans to let users reset their taste profile histories. You are welcome to create a new account with a new email address at any time (no need to contact customer support). This idea is still open for votes and comments and we'll revisit this if it continues to grow. Thanks!

F_ck-U

**bleep** you

codekitchen

So much this. A few times recently, my wife left jazz playlists on for hours while we were not at home, and now my Discover Weekly has been 100% soft jazz for 3 weeks straight, no matter what else I listen to. It's frustrating because I was really enjoying all the new music I was discovering with Discover Weekly, and now I have no idea how to get it back to what it was. It has definitely cut down significantly on how much I listen to Spotify.

lcono8

I tried to vote yet it didn't seem to count 😞 My Discover Weekly playlist is not making me happy. I love this feature and would appreciate a reset button.

phil-spot

Please, I'd just like to have Discover Weekly play new songs every week, but it seems to just keep playing the same stuff. A reset function may help with this problem.

Please let us reset our taste profile, once is enough. Or you could make it as a microtransaction or whatsoever I didn't care, but we need that function. My lil bro has been trying the premium feature in my account and my DW is all messed up with his song.. pleaseeeee

redcloud319

So if you wont be reseting the discover weekly tastes, i would suggust at least a sync for the album cover at or an option to change it since it syncs with FB profile picture at the time of creation.

Senario: My ex was in my Profile photo in FB, and the photo is still there even though i have changed my profile picture multiple times. 

lzyassn

This still needs to be a feature. Their alternative of creating a new account is incredibly ludicrous. I would have to remove everyone from this family account, move them to the new account, follow all the bands, remake all my playlists, favourit all my music, follow all the playlists of other people, re-add friends, etc.

Hopefully they get the point that this is an issue. They NEED our business so why are they not trying to cater to us?

jamesmckena

Discover weekly was the main value of spotify. That's why I paid for premium. Somehow discover weekly got the idea that I only like ultra-downbeat indie acoustic music. For a while, I kept hoping; I called it my weekly music that sucks. Nothing I did changed anything. So I dropped the subscription.