Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Silverfox_1

@titiln wrote:
how is this not a feature? why is spotify telling me to get a new account? are they even trying? 

Exactly what they said to me. 

alterkate

I posted on this thread back in May that looking up Despacito a couple of times for my daughter made Spotify believe that I wanted to hear nothing but explicit Spanish language rap and hip hop. I spent about 6 weeks going through my Discover Weekly and downvoting every single song that was given to me and upvoting all of the stuff I liked in my other playlists. It never changed a thing. I jumped ship and am much happier with Apple Music now. Sorry, Spotify. I was a paying user but your ridiculous AI and lack of support means you don’t get any more money from me. 

connorsan

Lol, dead that people are moving to apple music because of this.. Spotify.. it's not like you can't segment listening patterns vs resetting our discover weekly taste profile.  Seems pretty lazy that you wouldn't dedicate a 1 backend 1 frontend developer for at most a month to put this issue to bed.

connorsan

FYI, this comment was just deleted from Gealmo.  I don't see the option to delete my own comment, so it appears spotify did so, yikes:

Hey Guys and Gals! 
You may remember me from a post I made a few months ago, well I seem to have found a fix after months of testing and suffering spanish hip-hop.

What I found worked for me is to of course un-follow and un-save any artist or song you do not want your discover weekly to recommend to you. Furthermore, go and purposely follow and save all the types of songs and artists you do indeed want Spotify Discover Weekly to recommend to you.

!!!Finally the most important thing to do is to UNFOLLOW DISCOVER WEEKLY!!!

I found that even though I had unfollowed and followed all the artists I didn't like and did like I was still getting a discover weekly that wasn't recommending what I wanted to hear and that is because every week, as I had still been following the discover weekly playlist, the algorithm had been getting updated with the recurring trashy music tastes that the playlist would create each week.
It took me maybe 2 to 3 weeks to correct the playlist once I'd...
1.) Unfollowed Discover Weekly Playlist
2.) Unfollowed and Unsaved all artists and songs I did not wish to hear
3.) Saved and Followed new albums and songs from Artists that I like and hadn't already saved or followed.

I hope this helps some people out because, as you can see in my previous post, I was totally distraught with Spotify.

Gealmo2

They banned me it seems... so I made a new account to post this

My 2018 Wrapped is terrible, Spotify is against me, there is no fix to this issue in the short term.

Cancelling my subscription right now

dimerip66

I love this idea I could absolutely use this I don’t know why Spotify doesn’t think this is a good feature 

Silverfox_1

@alterkate wrote:

I posted on this thread back in May that looking up Despacito a couple of times for my daughter made Spotify believe that I wanted to hear nothing but explicit Spanish language rap and hip hop. I spent about 6 weeks going through my Discover Weekly and downvoting every single song that was given to me and upvoting all of the stuff I liked in my other playlists. It never changed a thing. I jumped ship and am much happier with Apple Music now. Sorry, Spotify. I was a paying user but your ridiculous AI and lack of support means you don’t get any more money from me. 

Exactly

zjak

For several months now Discover Weekly is completely wrong with regard to my musical taste and obviously has no clue of my favourite music. How is that possible?

RagingCeltik
Because you or someone you know listened to something not in align with
your normal tastes, and the algorithm decided hey, lets only listen to that
now.

I spent a day listening to instrumentals at work, just for some variety,
and now my DW has played nothing but for 3 years. I can't get it to offer
*any other genre of music*

I used to get cool music I loved and wouldn't have heard otherwise. Now its
a joke.
Chlorine

Like others, I'd love to be able to reset my taste profile. This seems such an obvious feature.... Why not include it ?