Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Rapidi
Like someone else said would happen in the comments after my own complaint, mine has “healed.” After many long months of being pushed rain sounds and New Age music, my Release Radar and Discovery Weekly headed back toward normal. At the beginning of the healing process I was given a mix of my music and lots of the **bleep** I didn’t want, but eventually that stuff slowly disappeared.

So all I can recommend is that you play the music you like consistently and a lot, but never ever anything you don’t want in your mixes. This is a shame since the rain sounds helped me sleep and I’d love to play kids music for my grandson. But I don’t dare. (It was suggested that music you don’t want in your mix be set to private, apparently so the algorithms ignore it, but this didn’t seem to help at all and I decided I was stupid to try that anyway.)

Hang in there folks. Spotify is worthless on this, but time indeed seems to heal all wounds.
Skajetolaf

It seems like having your profile connected to Facebook and Deleting the Facebook profile (without disconnecting first) also creates this effect. So if you have your profile connected to Facebook and want a blank slate this might be the way to keep your playlists but remove your listening profile. 

sansley01

It's Monday again! Which means I get to go through my Discover Weekly playlist and click 'Remove' on every single song to do all that I can to train my Discover Weekly playlist to stop suggesting the same songs I play to my kid, none of which I want to listen to. There is not a single song in my Discover Weekly playlist I want to listen to and has not been for years. It used to be my most used feature, now it is just a sad list of sleepy time and kiddy tunes.
I recently discovered the Private Session function, I run it every time I play my kid music. Every weekly I delete all the music from my Discover Weekly playlist. I am doing everything I am aware of to train Spotify to get back to suggesting the music I do enjoy. I guess my next steps are just to delete my account and start over fresh? Only this time, never make the mistake of forgetting to enable Private Session while playing music I don't 100% enjoy.

Please implement a feature to help me refine my taste profile so I can go back to finding new music I enjoy.

Rapidi
Mine “healed” after many months, maybe a year. I’ve posted here before about the problem. If you religiously avoid playing anything but what you like DW will one day have a few you like again. A little more later. Finally all. But it will take time and patience. Don’t use Spotify for anything else.

I tried using private sessions but it made no difference for me. IMHO it seems that Spotify does this to force you to add another person to your account. My wife has her own and our playlists and tastes never crossover. But it’s a shame I can’t just play some music for my grandson or relaxation music and sounds, or whatever, without adding even more accounts.
rpangelastro
People....are you listening to what you are saying??? You pay for a service that basically sucks! The people who run it are telling you to go F%&$ yourself but you keep paying them. In case you haven't heard, there are other music streaming services.......better streaming services. Stop playing games. Close your account and move on. You have a choice!! Spotify doesn't **bleep** what you want.
bupthebroker2

Hi,
when will this be available. I listened to a couple of Swedish songs a few years ago and since then it has been nothing but Swedish music in the "Discover weekly", "Release radar" etc. Everything i select is filled with Swedish music. I have learned to despise the country, its language and everything about Sweden because of this. I REALLY need to reset my profile.......................

IM NOT SWEDISH!!!

ticpu

I stopped paying for premium months ago now because I can't even choose what I'd like to listen to, but anyway.

This so called «reset» seems like a temporary cure for something that might be overlooked.  People have moods and it should just be possible to switch mood in Spotify just as you do in life without having to worry it might mess your listening experience in the long term and without going completely incognito.

East930th

Nice can't reset/clear my data

BobbyAssault

Roughly 5000 upvotes on this suggestion and still nothing. 

I played weekly recommendations today and I got exactly 1 song in about 50 that’s even close to what I most often listen to. Now it’s full of metal, a genre which I listen to for nostalgic reasons once every other month. EDM which I listen to like 70% of my time is hardly ever recommended anymore. I’m getting sick of having to switch songs every 10-30 seconds for 20 songs in a row until I get something I actually like. 

Face it, the algorithm is horrible and I’m about ready to stop subscribing because this is ridiculous. 

hans-jürgen

I guess with the new option to exclude any playlist (created or imported by yourself or made by Spotify) from your taste profile this is sort of implemented or at least a useful related feature to avoid certain music (to fall asleep to, for the kids etc.) affecting your recommendations. See this official announcement, support article, community blog and implemented idea from two weeks ago:

‘Exclude From Your Taste Profile’ Will Make Your Personalized Recommendations Even Better — Spotify

Your Taste Profile - Spotify

Steps by Stars: Improving your Spotify 'Taste Prof... - The Spotify Community

[All Platforms][Discover] Exclude Selected Playlists from Taste Profile and Discover Suggestions - s...

The rollout seems to have finished in the meantime, I can see the new option in my desktop app and web player now which I could not directly after the announcement.