Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
VitalViper

ohh, this week it only put 4 songs I have previously disliked in my discover weekly..........

Can't even play the **bleep** things as they're greyed out (not that I would want to)

harmancona

Here same problem. I 'disliked' all the suggested songs on the DW playlist for a couple of weeks now, but it still gets worse. Listening, upvote and downloading new music doesn't help at all.

Strangly enough; my Release Radar list seems on spot.

Problem is long existing, 1500+ votes and a lot of commets here. 

Please do something about it.

Avocadan

This issue is big enough for me to be considering, and likely, to change music provider. One of the things I like about online music is the discovery opportunity. It’s failed with Spotify. 

Rexxxx

Please give us a taste reset button.

I went to see a Bob Dylan concert and made the mistake of playing some Bob Dylan on Spotify to get myself into the mood before the concert.

Now my Spotify recommendations are tainted with Bob Dylan references instead of my preferred daily tastes, and the only way to fix it is to abandon the old account and create a new one 😞

Bartosik2015

There needs to be a way to reset the algorithm. I don't want kids music or tasteless disco music in my suggestions and discovery playlists, like FOREVER, just because the kids or a friend got hold of the account.

m7-5_k422j1vl

I have been quite disappointed by my Discover Weekly playlists! Please let this be a thing!

nergol_jr

This feature is needed, if your account becomes compromised and used by someone who has different tastes, no amount of listening to different music seems to remove the preferences spotify learns. It's been a year since my account was compromised yet my discover weekly still believes I want to listen their music. Almost 1/8 of songs discovered are from their music tastes - unacceptable for a premium subscription in my opinion.

Creating a new account is an annoyance and should not be the only solution to this problem. 

Feastybeast

The playlist has been fixated on the same tracks and artists despite using the "I don't like this song" option for nearly half of the suggestions each week. The result is a combination of mediocre tracks I keep ignoring week after week with a rogue's gallery of increasingly bad offerings.

There needs to be a way to re-seed the algorithm that doesn't include the hassles of salvaging your library and  reimplementing your payment information. Are you actively trying to lose customers?

Gealmo

I can't believe it man, I loved spotify but my account became comprimised a month ago and now I keep getting trashy music recommended to me in what was once my weekly highlight, the Discover Weekly playlist. 

I'd drive home from work on a monday evening listening to the whole thing at it was gorgeous. Now I can't do that and reading some comments here it doesn't seem that I'll be able to do that ever again. 

I'm so angry about this that I, a premium subscriber, must reset my account and start again! 

I've had spotify since 2013 and I'm going to lose my yearly Top 100 songs, my playlists from when I was in college to send me on nostalgia trips, songs I discovered that are hidden in obscure playlists that surprise me when I rediscover them.

Please Spotify, help a brother out

Yes this could be very nice. Please make this happen.