Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
arajay

another non-response from support. between the AI going crazy on song recommendations and the inconsistent user experience across devices I think I'm done with Spotify. Get it together. 

WooLand

*LOL* what a lame response from Spotify...create a new account. This company is loosing it for sure. If they cannot get their AI straight then let the humans (account owners) reset their accounts/music taste. Clear their architecture is having design issues. Shame shame.

RESETMYSPOTHIST
Aside from the people that are either corporate trolls, bots, or folks that
just have nothing better to do in their lives than complain in a forum
without actually supporting the issue...this is still a problem.
Silverfox_1

This has been requested by so many but here we are at the end of 2018 but still no solution? I have been using Discover Weekly playlist for the last 6 months to begin with great really enjoyed music i was being presented with now over last month foreign singing which i have no desire to listen to nor have done each week i dislike each week i get more. This week barely 2 songs i would be interested in. Seems a reset is required but only soution is to create new account. Mine is lead family account so a pain to do this therefore either due to Spotify's lack of attention to sort problems out either i put up with it or take my money and custom eleswhere seems to me Spotify are resting on their laurels and letting the competition catch up.

cornips

There are tools that use your Spotify DISCOVER WEEKLY playlist to optimize your experience like this one:

https://aiaiai.dk/tma-2-discovery

Without the possibility to reset our 'broken' music preferences these tools are useless.

johnb108

I would *really* like to use Spotify's Discover Weekly to learn about music in a variety of genres, but it is stuck on music of a particular genre. A lack of ability to reset what Discover Weekly's stuck on, or add variety and taste preferences, is the single biggest annoyance for me of using Spotify. Please implement!

a-ron

I setup Spotify with my Alexa devices in my house and began enjoying  this integration as did others.  Things were great until I started to notice that the Alexa integration was essentially giving a thumbs up to every song requested through Alexa on Spotify.  Making matters worse everyone in the house was making requests and now my profile is trash.  I can't be the only one in this situation, clearly I am not as the number on this request keeps growing.   I need some way to clear out all of the Boy Band, Country and Gangsta Rap from my profile.  Spotify is now useless too me as it is pushing me music I don't want to hear.

turtlepile

Please i need this!!

titiln
how is this not a feature? why is spotify telling me to get a new account? are they even trying?
khayman281
It's stuff like this that is going to lead a lot more people to Apple
Music. They need to differentiate! A big part of that is listening to your
loyal fan-base. I've been with Spotify (paying) for a long time, but at
some point, it just makes sense to look at what else is out there. And it's
not just Apple, now Amazon and Google are in the game.