Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Johann

This is such a long-standing request and why has Spotify not made any effort to implement this feature?

RagingCeltik
They dont see any money in it.
SoopaDoop1

Please give us the ability to reset the Taste Profile; making a new account is hugely incovenient, especially since all transferred collaborative playlists do not maintain who the original collaborator was for any given song, and especially if the account to recreate is the owner of a premium family account

Please please allow us to reset the profile!

daz093

My brother listened to one song on my pc and now an entire daily mix seems to be nothing but his favourite bands xD Discover Weekly has also been tainted 😛

quinla01

Would love to see this reconsidered. I used to look forward to my DW playlist. As of a couple of weeks back it's gone completely off track to my actual taste. This week pretty much every song was Irish Folk music. I have no idea where this came from. I also keep getting German heavy metal. Complete bonkers. 

RagingCeltik

Confirmed Fix for DW Playlist

I was finally able to get my Discover Weekly to reset after 2 years, following the advice of a previous poster on this thread.

If you want to do this, you have to be prepared to be destructive. You'll have to decide whether it's worth it to you.

Step 1: Delete your entire Library by unfollowing of any saved songs.  You do not have to delete playlists, so if you have favorites you want to be sure to re-save later on, put them in a playlist if you're afraid you'll forget them.

Step 2: Unfollow Discover Weekly.  Discover Weekly will not reset as long as you continue to follow it.

Step 3: Wait a couple weeks. Listen to and like songs like normal.

It is now three weeks later and I just checked the Discover Weekly playlist and, for the first time in YEARS, I have suggestions once again in line with my current tastes.

Re-adding songs to my library isn't a big deal to me since I have most of them in the yearly "Your Top Songs of XXXX" playlists which I follow every year.

I still think Spotify needs a simpler reset feature, but at least I can once again find good suggestions in DW again.

Kiggos

Literally 90% of my DW is complete garbage and the other 10% is older songs. I love stumbling on new songs from new genres that I don't normally listen to so this garbage "based on your taste" function is beyond useless to me. PLEASE LET US CHOSE TO ENABLE THIS FUNCTION. 

dixie636

Discovered my account had been hacked by someone who has been listening to some really dodgy music (although they probably think the same about me). Would be good to clear the history and start from scratch so that I'm not getting recommendations for music that really isn't my taste.

LeoC1

I want to get rid of old music that I don't listen anymore and deleting all of those albums would take me like an entire month. Guess I'll have to sign up for a new account because it seems like they won't be implementing the reset feature any time soon.

forman868

I don’t know what happened, but my discover weekly used to be an amazing way to find new music and then a few months ago it changed and now has an almost 100% hit rate in suggesting music I do not like. I dislike all of the discover weekly songs that are terrible and listen to music I like otherwise, but no luck. How can I possibly fix this? Discover Weekly was the only reason I paid for Spotify, I’ll just use Apple Music otherwise.