Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Clankee

I really hope this functionality will be explored. Both with 'full reset' and 'manual reset'. 

mmavel08

you need to seriously revisit this idea. There are times of the year because of my degree i'm required to listen to musicals, however, the rest of the year my future is by far different in genre. ALSO, if you are a student, you can't just switch email addresses. 

mep84

I used to save my old Discover Weekly playlists, they were great!

Now I'm permanently stuck on baby sleep music, no matter how much hillbilly trash I listen to!

Would changing the algorithm to only look at the past 3-6 months of active listening work? Because my child sleeps much better now and I want wierd music again!

jpyke

Over three years, almost 3000 votes and 24 pages of comments and this still isn't being considered? Can we get some kind of real reason as to why this isn't even being considered? The explaination given seems selfish on the side of Spotify saying that their insight into what we listen to is more important than our enjoyment of the services they provide. But wouldn't it be a more accurate insight into what we listen to if we could actually use the services as intended? I simply don't use Discover Weekly any more. How is that helpful for you to expose new artists and gain a better understanding of what different music I do and don't like, if I'm just going to listen to the same songs I always listen to. I don't care if you store the data that I had from the previous Discover Weekly. Just allow a reset on the user side, and on the back end just call it Discover Weekly 2. If people are constantly resetting their DW, then isn't that also useful data? You should be able to correlate what they like vs what is being presented and create causality data for resets. Between this and unbanning an artist from my Daily Mixes, I would be over the moon that I was able to fix my own mistakes and help steer these awesome features into something that more accurately reflects what I want rather than just ignoring them or being disgruntled with them. 

a-ron

Totally agree, but if it were only my mistakes I wouldn't be so annoyed.  Bought an Amazon Echo, connected it to Spotify, AWESOME!  Daughter starts to use Echo frequently.  Wife starts to use Echo frequently.   My son starts to use Echo.   Spotify now believes that I enjoy a random mix of country music, trap rap, and boybands.  I find all of the above objectionable and find now enjoyment from listening to them.  I can no longer use any of Spotifys automatic music selection as it has no clue who I am.   Once I realized the problem I upgraded to a family account.   No point, the damage is done and Spotify has no desire to undo it.

rpangelastro
Stop sending Spotify your money! After enough people drop their service they will understand our dissatisfaction with the decision to ignore their customers. We already have Apple for that!!

robnotralph

This is such a critical and seemingly basic feature, I can't believe it hasn't been implemented yet. What are you waiting for?

Why can't there just be an option to reset discover weekly?? Listening to sleeping playlists **bleep** everything up and it's been broken for years. I'm tempted to cancel my account, this is such an easy fix that could have been implemented years ago.

f-v_arghbftpn

Please do find a way to clear the history. Why i have to cancel my account to clear a history? I pay for it! You want me to cancel it, really?

VersusK

THIS

I used to advertise to everyone around me how great the algoritm was and how I was so happy with the new music it provided. But nowadays it's just a mess. I hate almost everything on it and maybe reluctantly add a few songs here and there. For some reason it had picked up I like a certain genre and it has been bombarding me with all of it for probably more than a year. Every other genre is ignored entirely, and I don't even like that genre that much! It's like the algoritm is purposely advertising certain music and ignoring others.

A lot of your users are with spotify because you're algoritm seems good and it gives a lot of convenience. Take that away and what exactly makes your service better than others?