Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
WooLand

Hi Spotify,

You have issues in you Discover Weekly so there is a clear need to a "Rest" feature. Don't you agree that a 30% fail rate (songs I had to dislike) is a huge failure?

WooLand_0-1602590923966.png

Tylrdixs

I've been trying to figure out how to do this as well.  I'm stuck on getting country songs in suggestions, even for a german metal band playlist..... How can I fix this?

UserIsTaken

Yes,

I am considering on switching into a different platform due to this.

The recommendation formula is flawed and broken. The discovery feature is not working properly.

Without a simple feature to reset your account Spotify seems more like spyware/malware rather than a proper application.

kickbull

Please!!! Install a "reset"-Option!!!

amvince8

This is a dealbreaker for me. I'll ride out the rest of my discounted plan, but when it comes time to really invest in a music service, I plan to find a platform that won't base my entire profile and recommendation lists on "fell asleep to autoplay" or "tried this once for a friend and hated it." I don't understand what Spotify has to gain by denying a feature users have requested for years and that would likely increase users' use of Spotify's Discover options. At absolute minimum, it would be nice to have a "private mode" button right on the mobile home page so users can sample new music without wrecking their profiles.

rpangelastro
Arrogance! They think they're Apple. No money from me until I can control my music!
kirstymonaghan

This drives me crazy too!!  Almost everyone experiences this problem but just doesn't bother reporting it. Please add this 'reset' feature- we shouldn't have to create a new account.  Spotify's best credit against other music platforms was always its ability to constantly provide new music- don't let this reputation disappear!  

RandomUsernameA

Customer requests to fix Spotify's built-in genre trolling problem go back for years. I've been holding on for several years now hoping that this would improve because I was a huge fan when they were a startup, but it's a different company now, and they've pretty plainly said that they're never going to change this. It's part of their income, so makes sense from a shorter-term financial perspective even if it doesn't make any sense from a longer-term customer service and churn perspective. I'd hang on to a free account for commercial applications like office lobby/grocery store background music or something, but for a normal, personalized and fun music listening experience, it's worth taking the time to explore the better options out there. Just my  2 cents.

rpangelastro
Agree. Too many better options available now. I have several friends who have cancelled their paid Spotify subscriptions.

Tipit

I once listened to instrumental music and my discover weekly is only that kind since over a year. so basically useless.

Please fix