Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
agentmorris

I posted on this thread a few months ago: tl;dr, after spending years accumulating history and depending on Discover Weekly, I played some electronic music for an hour and suddenly my Discover Weekly was only electronic music.  Which was... not what I wanted.  I played thousands of songs after that, and liked thousands of songs, but my playlist was totally stuck.

About 1.5 years later, as quickly as it came, the problem went away.  One day my Discover Weekly was useful again, with no explanation.  It's been great for about two months now.  So... that's good, I guess?  I guess the solution is just to wait for 1.5 years?

se8nb1yxrj2dd53ku6g

I would like to see this feature added for a couple of reasons.

A. Traumatic response can be triggered by sound and I have a co-worker who can't listen to a certain artist.

B. I'm tired of the bullying on both sides of free speech and want the ability to block/unlike those who are participating.

Please make this happen Spotify.

candlehand

My suggestions have really taken a nosedive recently, to the point where almost no radio stations make sense or are what I want to listen to. This is a sorely needed feature. It's bad enough that if it doesn't get fixed I'll have to cancel my subscription.

Rapidi

I stopped listening to ambient sounds to sleep weeks ago. I had only done it for a month or so. I’ve since played my own playlists 24/7 (literally). Still, my Discover Weekly is ruined by being completely ambient songs and sounds. My Release Radar is littered with them. It seems as if when you try something new, Spotify leaps on it and becomes a perpetual pusher. It’s infuriating.
FunkiMonkey

I am to the point I am thinking of ccutting my plan and comeback when done. Not interested in podcasts. It takes a large amount of interface and shows inapropriate content.
This is a paying application. I should be able to remove stuff not interesting to me at all. 

BM77

Please make it possible to clear history, or reset or something!!!! I don't want stuff to show up in my shows that i listened to once or twice and don't want to listen to it again!!!! I will give it few months, but this maybe a reason to cancel my family subscription!!!!

jackswoozy

I have the same issue and it is infuriating me! I listened to instrumental / piano type music for about a week to fall asleep to at night, and it is now the only genre of music I get in my Discover Weekly. I use Spotify to get recommended new songs. Of course it was my mistake to fall asleep to this kind of music... but it has been pretty much A MONTH since I've listened to that kind of music on my account, while also hiding / disliking EVERY song from my Discover Weekly playlist with that genre of music. You'd think after it tells me "Spotify won't recommend you songs like this in your Discover Weekly anymore!" it would stop recommending me that type of music in my Discover Weekly! But apparently the "I don't like this song" feature doesn't do what it's supposed to! It's so cool and interesting. I guess I'll continue to leave my other playlists on eternal shuffle so it'll maybe one day stop giving me sleepy instrumental music! It's just really upsetting. I get so excited every Monday just to get recommended several different piano covers of the Fairy Fountain theme from Zelda! So cool!

NoMoreWhaleSounds

I have been having this problem for months - MONTHS. At first I tried listening to ambient in private mode, then offline mode, and now I've resorted to never using Spotify for my ambient vibes. I even removed Bose Soundtouch presets to my favorite playlists in a 'hail mary' attempt to not have my Monday morning's filled with Whale Sounds and meditation zen titles. I still try every week, hoping that the Whale Sounds have gone, but every week I am still disappointed in Spotify's Discover Weekly.

MelGrubb

After years of us collectively complaining about this, I'm noticing a trend. Everything's fine until one day you try something different and then Spotify's suggestions go straight in the trash. The common thread there seems to be that you specifically played something. Maybe things you search for carry more weight than things that are already in your playlists. I'm going to try specifically searching for songs that I know I like out of the blue and see if I can steer this ship back in the right direction.

And again, everybody, remember that if you put Spotify in private mode, nothing counts, so when you KNOW you're going "off brand", do it in private mode and you can avoid this sort of thing in the first place. Still, it would be much better if we could tell Spotify to scorch the Earth and start over based on our playlists. Not our automatic ones, our hand-curated ones. I'd love to point out 5-10 playlists I've made and say "See these? That's me".

barc_

I desperately need this feature implemented, my recommendations have been completely ruined by one playlist that played during a party one night.