[Profile] Reset or hide Recently Played Artists

I have been seeing a lot of people complaining that their Recently Played Artists list is either inaccurate or rarely updated. I am experiencing both of these problems. A function to reset the list would help, but at the very least Spotify could bring back the option to hide it from your profile.

Thanks.

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea

We're marking this as 'Not Right Now', as a reset option isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share on that, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

With regards to hiding them, we've seen a few reports of the 'Show My Current Top Artists' button not working as it should. If you're experiencing this, please can you head to this thread, and add the requested info?

Thanks!

Comments
Composer

Hi all,

yes a reset function or the option to hide 'recently played artists' would be good.

To me it's not a problem that my 'recently played artists' are shown, as long as they reflect what I really like.

I can partly control this with private settings (on phone and desktop), but not when I use the webplayer... (for example when you get a link on the community in playlists-exchange and you just want to find out what it sounds like, those artists will appear in 'recently played artists')

So, Spotify-team: please add the option private listening to the webplayer.  Thanks!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea

We're marking this as 'Not Right Now', as a reset option isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share on that, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

With regards to hiding them, we've seen a few reports of the 'Show My Current Top Artists' button not working as it should. If you're experiencing this, please can you head to this thread, and add the requested info?

Thanks!

I would love this. I've looked everywhere for this, and emailed "Spotify contact", and am growing frustrated. All I want is to delete stuff I'm not listening to on my Recently Played. I have even gotten the computer app and done it on there but it does not carry over to my IPhone. PLEASE fix it.

Also my friend still has the option and she is on Premium. Do we have to get Premium in order to get the option back?

I 100% agree! But since nothing has been done I doubt they’ll fix it!
Casual Listener

my recently played keeps showing random albums and artists that ive never even heard of or listened to and i dont know if ive been hacked or what because i constantly remove them from the list but new ones appear every few days,

i check offline devises and i have an old iphone that i use as an ipod cuz it has an aux port and i have this iphone and a laptop so i dont think ive been hacked i just dont understand whats happening ive changed my password too and it still happens, ive also had this problem for months and i thougth it would disapate yet it has not

Reset your password. You maybe hacked. I have had friends who have had the
same problem. Password reset and issue resolved
Casual Listener

i did twice now the weird thing is the acount that some of the playlists it plays is the same name as somone in my dorm just on a different floor and even when i went home from kansas to ny i still get stuff, i would much rather not make a new password yet again if i dont have to because then i have to redownload all my albums and playlists i follow

Try uninstall Spotify and restart your phone. Go on your pc reset your
password and reinstall Spotify and then give it a shot.
Casual Listener

the issue is throught all three of my devices and before i got my new phone it occured on the other two divices and carrys out to this one