[Profile] Reset or hide Recently Played Artists

I have been seeing a lot of people complaining that their Recently Played Artists list is either inaccurate or rarely updated. I am experiencing both of these problems. A function to reset the list would help, but at the very least Spotify could bring back the option to hide it from your profile.

Thanks.

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea

We're marking this as 'Not Right Now', as a reset option isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share on that, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

With regards to hiding them, we've seen a few reports of the 'Show My Current Top Artists' button not working as it should. If you're experiencing this, please can you head to this thread, and add the requested info?

Thanks!

Comments
Winegum15

So annoyed, was listening to something not particularly PC in a private session and my friends have now found it. SO embarrassing. Why on earth would you have a private session if everything is showing up???????

sharvilgupta

yeah ya'll suck and need to fix this asap.

tahasevket

omg, this is should taken care of.

jazzyjez
Roadie

I've been conversing with Spotify over this issue and after numerous emails between us have been told that,

"Private Session plays are counted in Recently Played Artists. You can change the settings so your Recently Played Artists will not show in your public profile anymore."

This suggests that it is not an error but the new modus operandum. I have been using Spotify a lot since 2010 and it was absolutely definitely the case until some time this year that songs listened to in Private Session did not show up in Recently Played Artists. Spotify will not acknowledge this - hence I have wasted my time and theirs trying to sort out this 'error'.

I should like to repeat what others have said, that songs listened to in Private Session must remain private and that disabling Recently Played Artists is no solution at all - I want that function. 

AndySP

Please Spotify, give us the ability to hide recently played from the lists, desktop and IOS/Android apps. It makes the interface on IOS completely cluttered.

priscillaaboraa

b

uninvitedguest

Honestly I think it's crazy that we HAVE to share with the world every artist we are listening to. I can't believe that not making our activity public isn't the default, let alone that we can't do it AT ALL.

Etern1ty

This must be fixed for sure. I have tons of playlists and artists I never even heard of on my spotify at phone, and because of that it pops up tons of playlists and artists I never even heard of,  drowning away my own playlists in the crowd

davhunt

**bleep** you Spotify.

jasperhallo
Casual Listener
Still not fixed, Spotify come on!