[Profile] Reset or hide Recently Played Artists

I have been seeing a lot of people complaining that their Recently Played Artists list is either inaccurate or rarely updated. I am experiencing both of these problems. A function to reset the list would help, but at the very least Spotify could bring back the option to hide it from your profile.

Thanks.

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea

We're marking this as 'Not Right Now', as a reset option isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share on that, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

With regards to hiding them, we've seen a few reports of the 'Show My Current Top Artists' button not working as it should. If you're experiencing this, please can you head to this thread, and add the requested info?

Thanks!

Comments

Seriously get this sorted.

reset accounts and likes. that way we our ex history wont show up

I noticed this thread was posted three years ago.  Is it still not resolved?  Someone got into my premium account and listened to a lot of music I don't like for a long time.  My "recently played" includes quite a bit of that which affects the daily mixes as well as all the other spotify suggestions.  There doesn't seem to be any way to clear the recently played list on the web player.

It’s crazy because they could solve this issue in no time! But they don’t give a damm
Music Fan

The Recently Played Artist feed stopped working. It is not updating since 48 hours ago. What happened? It was going slower and slower in last 3 weeks and it has stopped completely now.

I was recently made aware that my "Recently Played" music is showing a bunch of Latino boy band music and weird electronic dance music.  I was afraid my account was hacked so I changed my password and signed out all devices.  Now I see this thread.  This is really odd because the genre of music is pretty consistent with a genre a music I do NOT listen too.  If it was random different types I would think just some inaccuracies with Spotify.  Has anyone else experienced this to this degree?

Yes. That’s exactly what happened to me and I also thought my account was being used by someone else.
Music Fan

It works again! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. It is repaired! At least for my account. 

it took 1 year for it to become a "good idea" and that now 2 years later it still hasn't changed

This is such a requested feature over the internet in a cry for privacy that you'd think it would be implemented by now. I don't care if you see or sell my data as a company, it's expected these days; just let us not display it to the general public. What is this world where everybody has to be able to see and know what you're getting up to these days?