[Profile] Reset or hide Recently Played Artists

I have been seeing a lot of people complaining that their Recently Played Artists list is either inaccurate or rarely updated. I am experiencing both of these problems. A function to reset the list would help, but at the very least Spotify could bring back the option to hide it from your profile.

Thanks.

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea

We're marking this as 'Not Right Now', as a reset option isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share on that, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

With regards to hiding them, we've seen a few reports of the 'Show My Current Top Artists' button not working as it should. If you're experiencing this, please can you head to this thread, and add the requested info?

Thanks!

Comments
This agree!!
Yikes! Today's update caused my "recently played" to show songs I listened to MONTHS ago and CLEARED. What the...?!

This is so frustrating. This isn't even an option for Premium users? Not cool.

is something happening here? This really suxx! There MUST be an option to disable or reset. And "private" must be private.

So...has there been any word from the Sptofiy team as to whether or not this suggested function/fix is being created? It would be great to just be able to clear out recently played history with a single button.

I really don't understand why they can't fix this problem, it must be very easy to do!
Regular

I'm sorry to use some hard words but this, Spotify, this is **bleep**. Recently you released something so that I can match my music to the speed/way I am running. Well guess what Spotify, I don't run. But what I do is being concerned about my privacy.

Yes, you might find a lot of information about me when you search the web. But all of this has been "authorized" by me. There isn't a thing in the WWW about me which I don't want except your "Recently played artists". Get this **bleep**ING **bleep** FIXED. NOW. I AM A PAYING CUSTOMER FOR OVER 3 YEARS. It is even ignoring privat sessions. Fix it now!

I agree to 100%, it must be a easy thing to fix this issue, why in the h..l must I delete the artist or tunes one by one in then"recently played" list
Regular

@Wahlgrenwilson On what platform/device are you using the service? Because I cannot even delete this stuff manually. I'm using it on Windows, Mac and iOS.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that this must be easy to fix. Developing this service is probably not that easy. But on the other hand: I don't care. I'm paying for this since forever and the company just seems to completely ignore the wishes for their users. I am already at a point where I don't even complain anymore about this in front of my friends since it's just to awkward and ridic that Spotify doesn't give me control over this.

What I mean is that there should be a button connected to the recently played list with which you can delete everything in the list. Just as the function in emails.