Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Add complete Playlists to the Queue

It would be nice to have the ability of add a complete playlist to the current play queue. Also, I'd like to be able to randomly reproduce the songs added to the queue since currently they need to be reproduced immediately after they were added to the queue. For example, I have two playlists, I start playing the first one and then go to the second and add it to the queue. This way I would be playing two playlists at the same time which would be awesome!

Updated on 2022-07-12

Hey folks!

We're happy to announce that Adding complete playlists to queues is now available on mobile, desktop and the Web Player! Simply click on the three dots and select 'Add to queue'! 🙂

Vasil_0-1657618261038.png

Thanks for helping us make Spotify better by participating here on the Community.

Cheers!
Comments
MadmanOnWheels

vicenvm,

I don't quite get what you mean. I don't understand what you mean, by "I'd like to be able to randomly reproduce the songs added to the queue since currently they need to be reproduced immediately after they were added to the queue." It irritates me that Spotify made mine a duplicate idea, when ours are not quite the same. We clearly have different ideas on how it should work. I'm guessing that you want your playlists to mix. That would be cool, as an option, but they should play separately (one after another), by default. I think that a lot of people would like that. You should probably explain your idea, a little better, because if Spotify doesn't understand what you mean, they won't ever implement it. There is already a message, stating that this idea isn't something they plan on implementing. I don't think that they take any ideas on here, seriously. I think that all the ideas I have seen that have some "Rockstar" reply, have a message about not being in the "pipeline".

Here's mine:

This is NOT the same idea as "Shuffle Multiple Playlists".

I would like to see the ability to stack up multiple playlists and have them play, one after another, shuffling each playlist (if shuffle is selected), individually. This means that you would have no playlists mixing with others.

When you have a party, you don't want to have to keep thinking about when to start the next playlist, like I recently had to do. I would like to have them all ready to go and them start, right after the other is done.

Also, you should be able to queue up the first playlist, without having to tap one of the songs, or "Shuffle Play", otherwise, how would you queue up the first playlist? This option should show up in the regular options area, where the three dots are, to the right of the playlist and at the top right (when in the playlist).

mayakovsky

Definitely needs to happen asap

jdseeks

Continuing to add fodder to this request.  I create 1 hour playlists - nearly a hundred of them and counting - each unique, curated and sorted.  I would like to queue up several of these at a time and have them play without the need to create larger temporary playlists or tend to Spotify every hour.

Bdanin

Please add this feature!

Bdanin

This is missing from the mobile version too (never used the desktop version - this is a basic player feature in Apple Music, Plex and others)

TeamBoMart

I would also like the feature to add playlists to an existing queue. You have the option for adding individual songs and that is appreciated. Why?

This would allow the ability to create individual, shorter playlists that are specific to a genre, theme, decade, etc. and then create interesting queues using specific music that would better fit a mood or situation. For example, I would create a plylist of jazz music, then another of mellow classic rock, then another of mellow French rock, then another of mellow latin rock. Each would be interesting on thier own and would in themselves meet certain moods. But, I would also have the option to link two or more together in the one queue - such as jazz and mellow classic rock for an interesting mix of background music for romantic situations such as a long dinner, cozy evening, etc. This is one example, multiply this by many other situations using these themes alone.

Bob 

SamEnnis

This needs be be a feature. Right now apple music has more features than Spotify and one of the key reasons I switched to Spotify was for the features. May be changing back if this doesn't get added 

bellis1

I AGREE

Woogy71

Can we resurrect this idea please?

I too would like to stack playlists.

donmatas

Please resurrect it!

I is a basic feature.