Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Queue to Next or Last

Present two options on rightclick, Queue Last and Queue Next. Very easy to implement, and useful. 

The way I been using spotty lately is to keep adding to Play Queue, it has gotten really long and sometimes I want to listen to something right now, then I have to add to queue and then move the songs all the way up to the top.

Mediamonkey have had this implemented since long ago. Mediamonkey is btw the best musicorganizer I've ever owned or tried. 

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hey there,

Thanks for this submission. We had a slight hiccup with moving ideas to different boards, but it's all good now.

We're setting the status of this one as "not right now", but that doesn't mean that your votes don't count.

Cheers!

Comments
tobsz

It's really completely incomprehensive, that they didn't manage to implement this (probably) trivial functionality and instead suggest adding to queue and drag- and dropping it to the top position, which in the Windows app is even broken, because the window doesn't scroll, when you reach the upper edge while dragging. So, depending on the length of the list, one has to rinse and repeat several times: Drag to highest visible position, drop, scroll up.

And even without that bug (or feature?), it's generally completely inconvenient to have to put so much effort into putting the track there, compared to a right-click followed by a left-click which would be done in a split second. And all that, just to be able to listen to a track next, you want to enjoy so badly. Doesn't Spotify employ any UI/UX designer?

Edit: fix typos

tobsz

Youtube implements it as well. (Maybe there is some more direct competion pressure needed.)

selicos
And yes, I moved to Tidal. The audio quality for the same cost as Spotify
is so good.

Another very basic feature that is should not be hard to add ignored

Johnq251

People have been asking for this for years, can you please implement this? 

tommywa_a

Please add this feature as soon as possible!! It’s really annoying to have to drag a song I want to listen to next, to the top everytime!! This request has been here for some years for Spotify, and Apple Music recently added something similar to their own update.

this feature may seem small, but it is very, very useful.

mo0kie

Spotify don't appear to care about this OBVIOUS problem. I've now gone to apple after trying out a few other services which ALL HAVE THIS FUNCTION. It's easy to move yr playlists and libraries over using free software. MAKE THE MOVE - vote with your money.

benjaminboxler

Moved to Tidal recently and use it in Plexamp and their queuing system is really nice with the ability to play now, play next or add to queue. Absolutely reccommend.

Such a basic feature that Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer, Apple all do and yet Spotify are not interested. This should be such a minor change given you can add to end of queue and move track around the queue. Is there code base that bad that it is hard to do? Do they have too few devs? This plus the lack news on Hifi pricing is why so many are looking elsewhere.

jelmerbrands

Ridiculous that Spotify ignores all these people. This is the one of the biggest reasons I keep switching to other services. Why do you think, Spotify, that all other services have adopted this style of queue. Because it is more intuitive!