Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Radio] AM/FM Radio Streaming

A suggestion like this has already been marked inactive, but I do believe that Spotify can be made a more complete service by incorporating AM and FM radio channel streaming. If it would be possible to add stations in to the radio feature, perhaps separating stations into two categories, live radio and Spotify radio, then Spotify would truly become the chosen one, giving users access to virtually every legal music listening service on the market. Listeners could use the feature for new popular music, news, and talk entertainment. Similar to the way the feature currently works, listeners could save their favorite stations, and browse through lists organized by genre, location, or amplitude/frequency. Feedback from people familiar with the way that radio stations would react to third-party streaming would be particularly appreciated to solve the business end of this proposal. Let's get this second attempt at implementing a good feature a shot at getting off the ground!

Updated on 2017-08-23

Hey @Rhuidel thanks for bringing your idea to the Spotify Idea Exchange. We don't have any plans to add AM/FM Radio options to Spotify at this time. We're going to mark this idea as 'Not Right Now', but it's still open for votes and feedback. If we have any updates on this we'll post here again, thanks!

Comments
hernandata

Would be nice to have podcasts in a wider diversity of langages!

h4-l38dw_qtht

Time for an update! We want this!

joelburké

the problem is when a radio station plays adverts on their radio station does the company get the money or Spotify and if a station plays music that's not on Spotify or is incorrectly linked it may confuse customers making the feature defunct

BadBoy_315

I often find myself trying to look for a normal FM radio that I could play while using Waze, and Spotify would be the ideal channel to this end! The idea is logical and practical, and more than once I found myself in endless searches to add a normal radio station to Spotify, but the only result were the Spotify radio channels, which honestly don't give much of an added value to the usual Spotify functions! Would be great to see the idea.out of the box and applied to the service provided to it's customers!! Looking forward to it! 

scottna
If there are issues around where the advertising revenue is going then just
use advert free radio stations such as public broadcasting

ZaneDabz

Would be great to have a live streaming available to Hosts and DJs. 

haugvik

This feature would make Spotify a more complete audio/music app, and I belive people would make it their go-to app for all music purposes. I know I would.

Bikelink

So....I like listening to wxpn. but not just their 'best of' etc playlists. If you let me listen to them on the air then spotify could learn more about what I like. Which I would like.

There are literally thousand of people that want the ability to do this?! It would mean that we could easily promote and share our playlists -and that artists would get more money -from more frequent plays of this songs. I suppose the Radio market is still a huge one (taken in it's entirity). If also enabled the upload of advertising you could granerner a whole lot more revenue that way too? I would like to see spotify incorporate ads, voicebreaks, rotates, stingers/station ID's -the everything a radio staion offers. There must be a whole lot more money in it for you? -I'm not really sure why you haven't done it before? 

lick_heart

I love the idea. Especially after traveling through Europe, Latin America and the US I think there are some great FM/AM radio stations out there which would complete the offer Spotify has.