Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Radio] AM/FM Radio Streaming

A suggestion like this has already been marked inactive, but I do believe that Spotify can be made a more complete service by incorporating AM and FM radio channel streaming. If it would be possible to add stations in to the radio feature, perhaps separating stations into two categories, live radio and Spotify radio, then Spotify would truly become the chosen one, giving users access to virtually every legal music listening service on the market. Listeners could use the feature for new popular music, news, and talk entertainment. Similar to the way the feature currently works, listeners could save their favorite stations, and browse through lists organized by genre, location, or amplitude/frequency. Feedback from people familiar with the way that radio stations would react to third-party streaming would be particularly appreciated to solve the business end of this proposal. Let's get this second attempt at implementing a good feature a shot at getting off the ground!

Updated on 2017-08-23

Hey @Rhuidel thanks for bringing your idea to the Spotify Idea Exchange. We don't have any plans to add AM/FM Radio options to Spotify at this time. We're going to mark this idea as 'Not Right Now', but it's still open for votes and feedback. If we have any updates on this we'll post here again, thanks!

Comments
yonatan980

As you may already know, Spotify has a system that creates a personalized radio station based on a user's listening habits. However, I believe this feature could be improved by allowing users to save these radio stations as playlists and customize them further by adding or removing songs. Here's how it could work: users would choose a song they love and the app would analyze the song's characteristics, such as tempo, genre, and mood, and generate a playlist of similar songs. Users could then save the playlist and customize it further by adding or removing songs.

ravnitdeshpande

Should add live FM radio station and other problems is there is so much advertisement and please add Dolby Atmos music feature, and please improve the music selection.

kingmarc1512

I love spotify and I’m on it for years now. But I get tired listening to the same music over and over. I‘ve started to listen to radio stations because I get a variety of songs and some talking people. And I don‘t have to choose what I want to hear. I know that‘s why I‘ve been streaming on spotify, but right now, I just like to turn on the radio and listen to whatever there is. Sometimes they play a song I really like, which I then save on my spotify playlist. I‘m from germany but like to listen to radio stations in the USA and New Zealand. So Tunein will likely be my next go to.

agaujo

Would love to see this feature. Can be really simple at first with pure streaming of radio, that would be a huge win.