Announcements

[Radio] Ability to queue up playlist/radio station without stopping current song/queue

When I'm listening to a playlist I often discover a new song I like and would like to hear more songs like it. When this happens I right-click and press "Go to song radio"

AwesomeAndy_0-1578687143039.png

The problem is when I do, to switch to that playlist, I either have to stop the current playlist mid-song, or I would have to highlight the entire playlist/radio station and add it to my queue, littering my queue with 50 songs.

It would be great if you could Continue with the selected Playlist/Radio Station after the current song is finished without having to stop the current song. The main reason I'm switching contexts is because I LIKED the current song and it doesn't make sense to stop it midway or to hear it again since the selected song is always the first song of the new Radio Station. This same complaint applies to all types of Playlists so it could theoretically be added to the Playlist menu like in this mock-up:

AwesomeAndy_1-1578687906985.png

Updated on 2020-01-11

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also edited slightly the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

This is a repost of this idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-11

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also edited slightly the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

This is a repost of this idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.