[Radio] Allow base song to feature in new Radio

Hey folks,

I'm enjoying the new update to Spotify Radio, which now features as an option in search results when you search for a song or artist. Traditionally, you could start a song or artist radio by clicking the three-dot menu next to the song/artist and selecting the option from there.

A while ago it wasn't possible to hear the "base" song (i.e. the song that the Radio was based on) when selecting a song Radio, however this was implemented after a popular suggestion from a user in the Community was voted up by many other users (see here).

I would like to suggest that the same thing be possible with the new Radio feature, since currently, when selecting the Radio for a certain song, it omits this song from the Radio (even if you search for it using the Filter function, you won't find it there):

Radio.PNG

Radio2.PNG

Thanks guys! Stay awesome :)

Updated on 2018-12-02

Hey @Peter! Thanks for submitting your idea to the Spotify Idea Exchange. Suggestions like your help keep Spotify constantly improving.

Marked as a New Idea 🙂

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-12-02

Hey @Peter! Thanks for submitting your idea to the Spotify Idea Exchange. Suggestions like your help keep Spotify constantly improving.

Marked as a New Idea 🙂

nuttmeg843
Regular

This change to radio pisses me off so much. Spotify made a bone head error here. And dumbing down the mobile experience was stupid but maybe that is for a different post. Finding new releases is extremely limited now.