Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Radio] Modifiable Thumbs up/down

1) Change Thumbs up to Thumbs Down

2) Change Thumbs down to Thumbs up

3) Remove thumbs up

4) Remove thumbs down

5) See a list of your thumbs up for a playlist

All of these should exist, if not in the app at least on the website.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks, 

It seems like this idea has evolved into a lot of different threads over the years. Quite a lot of the features requested do exist, so I'm going to mark this as implemented - but if you feel like your specific idea isn't there please feel free to make a new idea

As a heads up, Thumbs up/down has been replaced by the Heart/Remove symbol across all platforms. Let's address some of the main ideas that have been implemented:

• It is now possible to undo Heart or Dislike actions in your Daily Mixes, Discover Weekly and Release Radar. If you Heart a song, simply tap the Heart again to get rid of it.
  • When tapping the Dislike button, you'll get a choice of 'Don't play this song' or 'Don't play this Artist'. Tapping either will prompt an Undo option at the bottom of the screen for if you hit it by mistake, or your cat walked over your screen (@dredel)

Screenshot_20190523-115834_2.jpg

• Tapping Heart will save that song to Your Library, so you can head there to check out all the songs you've liked. This will also include Songs and Albums you've saved in other areas of the app. I couldn't find an idea for a playlist specifically of just liked songs (without the rest of the library) so it would be a good suggestion for a new idea.

I hope this clears some things up.

Comments
diashaydn

This is a fairly critical feature, user accidents happen, not being able to undo user actions is a huge functional oversight. 

bibles

This is not a complicated issue. Most streaming services have it. If a song is thumbsed up and you don't want it to be, press the button again to remove the rating. Then, because we're dealing with radio stations, there needs to either be a way of going into the history to reverse the negative rating, or there needs to be a way to view the station's ratings, so that the error can be reversed. 

SupramanTT

When is this going to be implemented? It has been years!

cl2solutions

I agree with ability to edit preferences of a song, but I also believe adding more *ideas* and inspiration to already created Radio Stations will help increase Spotify Radio Station enjoyment levels. 

In addition I'd also like to see Spotify's algorithms suggest artists/songs that gave the starter songs' artists inspiration.  For example: Apple Music curates a playlist called, for example, "Bruno Mars: Influences" that contains songs that inspired Bruno Mars' hits.  If that sort of playlist for each artist was intertwined with Spotify Radio algorithms, the suggestions would be fantastic *in theory.*

Maybe on the data and implementation side of things, each Spotify verified artist could have 3 artists that inspired the Spotify Artist's music.  Using those artists' hits and algorithmically analyzed songs, come up with suggestions for Spotify Radio.

These artists that inspired the upcoming artist, could also appear on the artist "About" page aiding discovery of new songs old and new.  They would/could be displayed alongside the "Discovered On" playlists.

MrPopper

Last update was on 2017-02-21. There's Tons of comments and over 4100 likes. Come on Spotify. Listen to your customers! There's no reason why you should be gatekeeping or locking me out of content I accidentally disliked. I don't think recording artists or studios will appreciate that. Should I write my congressman?

Mike-007

I wrote to spotify support attaching a link to this idea.

The reply I received:

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We'll be happy to check the feature you want us to implement.   We’ll be sure to let the right folks know about the Modifiable Thumbs feature and ask them to take a closer look on that.  We're always aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue to use it and find it gets better in the future.

Maybe that would work...? I mean the more of us reach them out in more direct/active way than just a vote and comment here.

JayeSimons

Yes.  This... SO MUCH this.  I cannot get rid of a song that I accidentally liked and I really actually HATE it... no matter what I do, it keeps popping up in artist radio for artists in the same genre.

Yourrid

Why on God's green Earth is this not implemented yet????? Pandora has been able to do this since day 1. Are the Spotify deveolopers that inempt that they can't allow their users to change their thumb up/down? Absolutely ridiculous!

I will end my subscription.

nickvanetta

It would be a ‘good idea’ to fix these things as soon as possible, otherwise Spotify will still be far inferior to Pandora (in 2018!) ✌🏼