Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Radio] Modifiable Thumbs up/down

1) Change Thumbs up to Thumbs Down

2) Change Thumbs down to Thumbs up

3) Remove thumbs up

4) Remove thumbs down

5) See a list of your thumbs up for a playlist

All of these should exist, if not in the app at least on the website.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks, 

It seems like this idea has evolved into a lot of different threads over the years. Quite a lot of the features requested do exist, so I'm going to mark this as implemented - but if you feel like your specific idea isn't there please feel free to make a new idea

As a heads up, Thumbs up/down has been replaced by the Heart/Remove symbol across all platforms. Let's address some of the main ideas that have been implemented:

• It is now possible to undo Heart or Dislike actions in your Daily Mixes, Discover Weekly and Release Radar. If you Heart a song, simply tap the Heart again to get rid of it.
  • When tapping the Dislike button, you'll get a choice of 'Don't play this song' or 'Don't play this Artist'. Tapping either will prompt an Undo option at the bottom of the screen for if you hit it by mistake, or your cat walked over your screen (@dredel)

Screenshot_20190523-115834_2.jpg

• Tapping Heart will save that song to Your Library, so you can head there to check out all the songs you've liked. This will also include Songs and Albums you've saved in other areas of the app. I couldn't find an idea for a playlist specifically of just liked songs (without the rest of the library) so it would be a good suggestion for a new idea.

I hope this clears some things up.

Comments
JoshMcCullough

Radio has aparently been gone for a while, at least for free accounts. Ridiculous -- they must really want us using Pandora instead. I haven't used Spotify in a long time because it's just not necessary with Amazon Music and/or Pandora. Plus they clearly aren't listening to our feedback...

br44163
Interesting. I just used it a month or so ago, but I could be wrong. I
hope it changes cause this is how I prefer to listen to music. I haven't
used Pandora in YEARS and don't intend to start lol.
dbat

Just today I clicked the dislike instead of like and had to google how to find the song in my history as I really liked it but had no idea the name. Definitely, Spotify needs a list of songs that were liked and disliked and if they could be sorted by date would be even better.  Thanks

kevin_m_fischer

Two years later, this still hasn't been adjusted.  This should be addressed.

newwavelover

Please bring back the personalized radio with thumbs up and thumbs down option!!!  I have premium and honestly could go back to pandora for free to have that option!!!  How can we get some input/movement on this as I know I'm not the only one...

momentumspace
Try SEVEN years
SaucyJim

This is not a good idea. It is vital for mistakes. Considering dropping my paid subscription it is so lame I cannot, at the very least, clear my do not play song list. It’s in a database. I know people who could add this function in one afternoon of coding. You have a month, Spotify. After that, I cancel my 4+ year paid subscription. Seriously. Get on it!!

erock_c

It's actually kind of sad that such a simple and obvious feature still is not implemented.  Lately, I've been using Spotify's radio features more and more, rather than playlists or directly targeted songs/albumbs/artists.  However, it's getting very frustrating that such a large and dominant service like Spotify doesn't have such a basic feature.  I'm very strongly considering going back to Pandora and cancelling my premium Spotify account.  They now have comprable features and subscription plans, and guess what.. they do allow you to modify thumbs up/down on your radio stations.  Just a thought.

TomLegend
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks, 

It seems like this idea has evolved into a lot of different threads over the years. Quite a lot of the features requested do exist, so I'm going to mark this as implemented - but if you feel like your specific idea isn't there please feel free to make a new idea

As a heads up, Thumbs up/down has been replaced by the Heart/Remove symbol across all platforms. Let's address some of the main ideas that have been implemented:

• It is now possible to undo Heart or Dislike actions in your Daily Mixes, Discover Weekly and Release Radar. If you Heart a song, simply tap the Heart again to get rid of it.
  • When tapping the Dislike button, you'll get a choice of 'Don't play this song' or 'Don't play this Artist'. Tapping either will prompt an Undo option at the bottom of the screen for if you hit it by mistake, or your cat walked over your screen (@dredel)

Screenshot_20190523-115834_2.jpg

• Tapping Heart will save that song to Your Library, so you can head there to check out all the songs you've liked. This will also include Songs and Albums you've saved in other areas of the app. I couldn't find an idea for a playlist specifically of just liked songs (without the rest of the library) so it would be a good suggestion for a new idea.

I hope this clears some things up.

kmjones77

Hi Tom. I can still see the thumbs up and down in my windows desktop application in playlist radio.

Ken