[Radio] Prevent Repeats

As a user I often want to listen to a specific artist, but shuffling material from their entire discography. However what often seems to happen is that I get the same famous song from this artist playing again and again. I understand that this is because the artist has released the same song over and over again in compilations, rereleases as separate singles. I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard for spotify to spot that this particular song title (even with some variations like with word REMASTERED) has just recently played, so let's skip that for the time being.

Updated on 2018-10-06

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-10-06

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

guggikofod

This repeat thing bugs me insanely - I really would like to not hear the same 1 song from the same 1 artist in radio, every single time! On a given Spotify Radio, I will typically be spammed with the 5-7 songs I have been spammed with hundreds of times before - when I skip them, I get 10 fresh songs, then back to being spammed the 5-7 songs from before. It is very very very very frustrating. And I can't come up with a solution within Spotify's offerings!!

SptfyLstnr2018
Casual Listener

I find this a problem even with a genre radio! Please turn off repeats on radio.