Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Real Time "Listen with Friend(s)"

There ought to be a feature where I can click on a friend and listen in real time to whatever they're listening to, not just their playlist. If they change songs, my Spotify changes with them. 

With this feature, a person could remotely DJ if they wanted, or you could just know that you and a friend are hearing the same thing at the same time. 

Updated on 2020-08-04

Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce that this feature has now been implemented.

You now have the option to join a remote Group Session with all your friends and enjoy the same tracks simultaneously no matter how many miles apart you might be.

For more information be sure to check out our Newsroom article and our Support site page

Comments
btip

I want this feature! This is truly sharing music! Work it out with the labels or whatever you have to do! But, if everyone listening to the "station" are all premium members then it should be all good!

The process is simple too! When you click someone's profile just have a button that says "Listen with XXXXX" then it can send a message to the user to ALLOW, DECLINE, BLOCK, OR ALWAYS ALLOW.

Have a "who's listening now" page too!

DO IT! DO IT NOW!

jonaslah

It used to be so awesome to listen to music with your friends in a Skype call through soundrop. Now that it's gone we NEED this feature!

wcavanagh

This idea was submitted in 2012!  Any thoughts Spotify?

This would be an amazing feature.  Please consider it.

alistaircoggins

Just to add to it I think using it to do live streams with microphone audio would also be good, just like the good old shoutcast through winamp you could be a bedroom dj running your own station

fanguarn

This a great idea, it working without fbook and a bit more accurately would be great.

EricInWisconsin

I am a former Grooveshark member before the collapse.  I am here because Spotify offers pretty much the same product, except for Broadcasting. I have tried the playlists, and think they are a little weak. At Grooveshark, broadcasts gave the users the ability to share their knowledge of the genres they followed, and the end product was exceptional. With them gone, Spotify could fill that void where a DJ shares an fresh variety of music with a fresh perspective.

beefCerealMayo

Pretty please Spotify, all my friends and I would love this feature! I can see what they're listening to as they listen, just let me listen to what they are!

ralphlyons14

I have been a Spotify premium user for many years and always been thinking of ways the service can be improved with the introduction of Apple music it's always good to be at the top and with this new idea I think it could help make the company grow higher then it ever has done before. The idea is called 'Spotify live radio' where Spotify premium users can effectively start there own radio station and there followers can listen exactly what there listening to in real time - this would be done at a press of a button. I believe as it evolves premium users could pay an extra £2 a month to get added features for example to give a live voiceover in there radio station aswell as adding there own artwork or logos. I believe this could really kick off and a very exciting proposal for young people today who would like there own radio show but without having to invest loads of money into equipment - all that's needed is the app itself and a good taste in music. See screenshot attached. Please let me know what you think, would love to hear your feedback

Spotify live radio.jpg
Marco

ralphlyons - I've moved your topic over here to have all feedback about a shared listening experience in one place.

Ebasurti
I'd like to say "hey listen this" and the song plays in your friend device at same time with you to listen together like a chat session.