Rearrange tracks inside a playlist (Android)

On my iPod I can manually move my songs around that are in my playlist, but I can't do the same on my phone which is what I mostly use. It would be easier to have that option on all devices.

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey everyone, we're back to give this idea its annual update. We're keeping this at 'Good Idea' because we truly do like this idea. However please know that this isn't in our current pipeline so you won't be seeing it any time soon. If we get a different update from the Android team we will of course let you know--they're very aware of all your feedback here. Thanks for your continued feedback!

Related Ideas

Comments
Borowscy
Garage Band

@grbsoft Sure, I'll add that to the next version.

hightower00
Concert Regular

I posted this idea just under 4 years ago under a different thread (see below) and have been following this off and on with interest... Awesome to see that @Borowscy has come up with a solution, which seems to work perfectly - well done mate!!!

A real shame Spotify weren't able to implement it themselves in this time... 4 frickin years guys, 4 FRICKIN years!!!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Android-reordering-songs-on-playlists-us...

hightower00
Concert Regular

Also, I submitted this as a story idea to Gizmodo... @Borowscy - if your downloads spike due to their coverage, I want the credit! ;-)

Borowscy
Garage Band

@hightower00 Thank you for the nice words.

I just released version 1.0.7 that improves the design and allows you to hide empty playlists.

Etk67
Regular

Spotify. It is April 2017 and this feature is STILL not available. I have spotify premium but if this basic feature cannot be implemented into the ANDROID app after such a long time, so many updates, and many requests, I will stop paying for spotify. A music and audio service that is not listening. It is so frustrating. Especially because its SUCH A SIMPLE THING TO ADD. 

Borowscy
Garage Band

@devadevi @grbsoft  Google play suspended the app due to me "impersonating" Spotify. I appealed the strike but I doub that they will undo it.

HappyDaysinHell
Music Lover
Oh man, this sucks. It was such a good app too :(
aramando
Regular
@Borowscy Whaaaat?! That is absolutely ridiculous! Did they say which
aspect they consider to be impersonating? Perhaps just removing "for
Spotify" from the Play store title would be enough? On the other hand maybe
it was just some low-level lackey applying the rules too fervently and they
will be overruled on appeal.
Borowscy
Garage Band

@aramando They did not say what broke the rules. The only thing that they actually said was that I needed to resubmit the app under a new name and a new package like it's a new app. The issue with that is that everyones in app purchases would be gone,

HappyDaysinHell
Music Lover
Do you have to use the app store? Could it not be done through Amazon or sideloaded online?