Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

On my iPod I can manually move my songs around that are in my playlist, but I can't do the same on my phone which is what I mostly use. It would be easier to have that option on all devices.

Updated on 2018-07-11

Hey!

The Spotify Community team here.

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Android users.
We'd recommend double-checking that you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community.
/M
Comments
Joemommaspotify

So, I am glad to see the discusison still going and going and going....Like the Energizer Bunny. The folks missing from the discussion is clearly Spotify. On 8/25 some automoton from the company posts a very poorly thought out response that insites outrage as well it should. "Well, it's not in our pipeline." Thanks for the idea. Yes, idea, like it is something that every other online or stand alone music app doesn't already have the ability to rearrange songs in a playlist. How revolutionary!!  Clearly Spotify has not intent of changing this basic feature on the Android platform. Now the suspicion that Spotify has cut a deal with Apple is not far fetched, but the reason they might have is. Who really would switch from Android to Apple over a music app?  That would be to say that Spotify is the only music app available and an audiophile, might make the leap then. However, considering there are multiple music app choices, Google Play, Deezer, etc., phone features and platform usually carry more weight with the consumers who would not trade their device on the basis of Spotify features alone.  Something else is afoot here for this basic feature to be absent for so many years.  Remember Dana Carvey on SNL's Church Chat Lady?  Hmmmmm. so Spotify won't give their perfectly good paying customers a basic feature they have been asking for years. They go on and on ignoring their customers pretending like rearranging songs is some new feature they don't have time for!! Hmmm....  now why would Spotify do this? Who could it be influencing Spotify....hmmmmm.....who coooould it be....???

Anyway, the beat goes on. I think the only way Spotify may take notice is if they lost a significant portion of customers who are on the Android platform. Say 10% or greater. Not likely to happen though, unfortunately.

grbsoft

@Joemommaspotify Wise words, however for the same reasons it seems no conspiracy involved just plain stupidity and lack of good software quality controls. As I've said before, can you imagine the development team admitting that there is such a flaw in the software?

SP: Let's play dumb! After all probably just 1‰ noticed that huge fail,  most users use what the we throw at him. In the meantime let's make that one of our fellow dumb forum supporters put a message saying the same all krap: we're listening, good idea and such. And hope that this nonsense don't go public, we're doing fine, about 4 years and counting! darn I just saw that we already have the full code to implement it in the "next to play" Android activity. Don't worry... they won't notice that, Android users are dumber than us 🙂 

slondon12

You suck. This is obvious and basic functionality.

Joemommaspotify

Android users unite!

Everyone post 1 star ratings in the Google Play Store! The rating is "hated it."

In the comments write "Spotify! Rearrange songs on playlists!"

Bring their ratings down

This just may get their attention! 

clump

I suppose unless this issue goes public nothing is going to change. This really should get some press coverage from tech sites or consumer organisations. It would make for a good story. The market leader not offering basic functionality, blatantly ignoring paying users and trapping them inside absurd infinite loops of robotic replies, laughably bad quality control...

grbsoft

@clump Great idea, where to head to? Can you imagine Android Central writing an article on this? 🙂 

grbsoft

@Joemommaspotify Already did that about two years ago, even if 100s write a 1 star review... Anyway, please do that!

Joemommaspotify

Android Central might be a good place to publish this!

How do we get this done? 

MiChan19

Would really love this option!! Can you make it a priority? 

Bless you guys! Spotify is awesome, and I love your Daily Mixes! 

theanticbough

Wow. Really? Android is the reason why I can't change the order of tracks within my playlists? That's ridiculous.