Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

On my iPod I can manually move my songs around that are in my playlist, but I can't do the same on my phone which is what I mostly use. It would be easier to have that option on all devices.

Updated on 2018-07-11

Hey!

The Spotify Community team here.

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Android users.
We'd recommend double-checking that you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community.
/M
Comments
aklru
Basic functionality! How on earth is this not implemented yet?!
ivanthomas47

Wow. So utterly stupid. Cannot possibly fit the amount of stupidity in this comment box. Spotify, you're stupid. Crushingly, crushingly stupid.

baschu

Come on. This isn't a feature. It's the basics!!

grbsoft

Another month goes by disappointed again with Spotify...

Franconeil

Moving songs on playlist not allowed on android even if you're in premium?

grbsoft

@Franconeil Exactly, you have 64 pages of us ranting about it and 0 words from Spotify about it. 

Joemommaspotify

Spotify to be valued at $20B when goes public. That's why they could care less about adding rearrange tracks on a playlist. They keep getting subscribers!

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/10/23/spotify-ipo-valuation-20-billion-gp-bullhound.html

Franconeil

@grbsoft I think they are biased against android.. so that android users will shift to apple.. they are not in a hurry in adding such features on android since google hasnnt created a similar services to apple music or spotify.. 

in other words.. android users have no choice.. 

Katie16

Hi all,

I got so frustrated by this issue that I just wenter onto the help page, pretended that I had a technical problem, and chatted with a representative.  He gave me the answer you all know, but promised to 'let people know. ' it made me feel slightly better.

I think I'll do it once a day. Care to join me?

grbsoft

@Katie16 Been there done that, no one has that much energy 🙂