Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

On my iPod I can manually move my songs around that are in my playlist, but I can't do the same on my phone which is what I mostly use. It would be easier to have that option on all devices.

Updated on 2018-07-11

Hey!

The Spotify Community team here.

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Android users.
We'd recommend double-checking that you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community.
/M
Comments
MoMo912

Its 2018....come on guys....

Kerok04

I hope you reconsider making this a feature in the near future. I spend a lot of time away from home and would love to have this feature on the road instead of waiting for the short amount of time I have at home to squeeze in editing a Playlist. As it stands it makes it too difficult to edit any Playlist over 20 songs by removing and adding again until all the songs are in an optimal listening order.

kayschwa

You gotta be kidding me...."good idea"? This should be a basic feature included from the get go. I only use spotify on my phone. Why do I need to download the pc client just to rearange my playlist. Absolutely rediculous. 

lampstand72

I've been a paid subscriber for many years, and recently switched to android.  The inability to reorder my playlists on my android phone will likely be the reason I leave.  The mind reels as to why this issue has not been prioritized.  Truly, I cannot fathom any potential reason to risk a significant customer base, especially as similar applications and services are on the rise.

lampstand72

Honestly, how have you not fired the entire Android Dev Team?

mn20
This thread has been running for some while yet no response from Spotify to
either agree or disagree that the tool is required. They simply ignore the
issue. Hardly the level of service expected of such a company.
consideredguilt
I recently read an article that Google Play will end and YouTube Remix will
take it's place. The only thing I didn't like about Google Play was it's
horrible design. So there is potential that there may be a music streaming
service to switch to that's finally compatible to Spotify. I'm keeping my
eyes wide open.
ValhallaStanton

This is pretty absurd. How can this basic feature still not have been implemented?!? I've got a few playlists I make for friends and I'm very particular (as I'm sure most are) about the running order of these songs. It can make or break a good playlist.

This is the most basic of features and iOS has had it for years. The web app once had the feature and now this has been taken away for some reason?

Spotify, you are a music service. Part of the enjoyment of music is making playlists. The main enjoyment in making playlists comes from ordering them until they're just right. Pull your dev teams heads out their arses and implement this absolutley imperative feature. It doesn't matter whether or not you think this is only a "good idea". Your paying subscribers are clearly very upset by this and you're doing nothing about it. Awful service for the people who like your product enough to pay for it.

msmith5

I use Spotify for exercise classes.  I'm constantly putting together playlists and modifying them.  I just moved from iOS device to Andriod.  Now I can't reorder the tracks.  That's EXTREMELY painful.  Please help!!!

Same.