Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Pop-Up Suggestions

I have all notifications turned off on my iPhone through Spotify settings, but I've been noticing increasing pop-ups telling me to check out these random new features or playlists or artists that I couldn't care less about if I tried.  HOW do I get rid of this? Pop ups once a day was irritating, but now they are occurring 3-5 times a day and I have HAD IT. HAD ITTT.

Updated on 2023-06-12

Hey, you all!
Just jumping in here to say that you can now choose not to get the pop-up recommendations anymore. It's straightforward to deactivate the feature, by just following these steps:

Step 1: When the pop-up recommendation appears on your screen, tap on the What's this button.

Screenshot_20230204_002121_Spotify.jpg 

Step 2: On the next screen, you just need to choose between don't get new recommendations from that specific artist or completely stopping to get the pop-ups definitely. 

Screenshot_20230204_002308_Spotify.jpg

Once you choose to stop getting the pop-up updates, there is no way to revert this action, so think carefully before doing this, ok? 🙂

Last, but not least, thanks for suggesting this one, and don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need help with anything...

Regards,

Luan

Comments
Annoyedatads

I pay for premium specifically to avoid ads of all forms. Including sponsorship pop ups. Having sponsorships are still ads and are against what was claimed to be an ad free experience. 

CyberK

I paid to remove ads and felt cheated when I started seeing pop-ups that were offering "suggestions" , which is just a friendly way of saying ads. At minimum we need a settings option to turn off these pop-up suggestions. I don't want my music app trying to persuade me to listen to The Little Mermaid soundtrack (how is that not an ad?) or trying to get me to share stuff or use different features. Just play the music. 

eddieford

These pop ups are indeed very frustrating. Perhaps some might like them, in which case a toggle button to show or hide them could be used. I would just like to listen to my music in peace with premium. 

ZapWap132

This is super important feedback! 

Spotify Premium user here since the beta in the US.

I'd like to request the removal of sponsored recommendations on mobile since the latest few updates. They are super distracting and come up EVERY TIME I open the app. Turning them off isn't intuitive either, and was buried in Spotify mobile settings. If you could quit sending sponsored stuff to the people who paid to remove ads, or at the very least make it easier to turn off, that would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks, and keep up the great work! The rest of the mobile app design is fantastic right now!

Apocahipster

Every possible notification is off in app, i couldn’t make it more clear that i don’t want pop ups. 

this sort of pop up is annoying, even more so when i’m about to start driving. 

PS: a give us a survey pop up interrupted me writing this comment 😂

jakevendegna

When I pay for a platform and the experience is advertised as ad free, I expect it to be free of all ads. This feature sucks. Get rid of it. Not the first time I've cancelled Spotify for advertising to me on a paid account. I'd rather not cancel again, but I swear to the Dark Lord Kramdar and everything unholyAF... I'll cancel, again. Ads suck, I pay not to be exposed to them. I expect not to be exposed to them. Advertising as an industry is dishonest and every ad carries a subliminal attack. This is why I pay to not see them. If I'm paying to not see them, but still see them, then spotify is being paid twice for the same thing. #YouKnowWhatGrindsMyGears - Spotify putting ads on my premium paid account really grinds my gears.

https://tenor.com/view/game-of-thrones-shame-got-shame-gif-11998610

TheWaste

Is there ANY escape from advertising? I can't even PAY for a service anymore without it trying to jam another product down my throat? Spotify, please take as long as you want implementing this feature - because every second you wait I'll be looking for the truly ad-free experience I was promised - that I am PAYING FOR - somewhere else.

smapdi

If I don't accidentally dismiss a pop up (because they show up when I don't expect it) I dismiss every single one regardless. This isn't 1997 geocities, stop with the pop ups. I'm paying for ad free, that INCLUDES YOUR ADS! If it doesn't, we have no more business here. 

Luan
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2023-06-12

Hey, you all!
Just jumping in here to say that you can now choose not to get the pop-up recommendations anymore. It's straightforward to deactivate the feature, by just following these steps:

Step 1: When the pop-up recommendation appears on your screen, tap on the What's this button.

Screenshot_20230204_002121_Spotify.jpg 

Step 2: On the next screen, you just need to choose between don't get new recommendations from that specific artist or completely stopping to get the pop-ups definitely. 

Screenshot_20230204_002308_Spotify.jpg

Once you choose to stop getting the pop-up updates, there is no way to revert this action, so think carefully before doing this, ok? 🙂

Last, but not least, thanks for suggesting this one, and don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need help with anything...

Regards,

Luan

Asteroid111

This does NOT work. There's No "What's this" button. 

376428894_870495887932248_2980099105109744928_n.jpg

Get you stuff together. Stop spamming paying users!