Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Remove the "Made For You" public playlists or at least make it optional.

Ever since the public Made For You playlists started happening, my enjoyment of Spotify has gone downhill. 

I am tired of hearing the same songs in every playlist and can't hear new music because Spotify keeps playing the same songs over and over. 

Keep in mind I am talking about the public 'curated' Spotify playlists, not the Niche mixes. 

Comments
Karibrownie

Yes! I am here for this same thing. I am so tired of listening to the same 50 songs. I am choosing an artists radio to explore new music that is similar to theirs and Spotify keeps playing the same songs over and over. Maybe allow a toggle to turn made for you on or off.

Thanks!

KeatsHandwritin

I'm in the same boat as you. I used to say if I was living on the streets and I only had $15, I would use it to buy my Spotify subscription and now I'm considering canceling it for the first time. I've had Spotify premiums since the first day you became available. 

Mandatory made for you is killing Spotify. Please for the love of good make it optional 

Kfmnurse

My problem isn't the repeat songs.  It's that Spotify thinks I might like theirs better than the one I already created.  If I want to add to it, I will use magic shuffle.  I don't need a whole new one with a similar name that Alexa gets mixed up.  PLEASE let me remove it from my profile.  I can remove things *I* created, but not the ones you did??  That's ridiculous!

OutOfTown

This is not the first and only post about this dumb and worst ever UX , just all leave Spotify (btw there helpful tools to transfer your music automatically, worked pretty well). Spotify doesn’t care so why should you?

sjacob9

Agreed. That is a feature that needs to die.

NixJade

I utterly avoid all Made For You playlists now - it has completely ruined my Spotify experience!