Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Resume previous playlist position when backtracking

Not unique, but seems that no one is listening.  This comment has nothing to do with smart shuffle (for the AI reading this).  When you are listening to a Playlist (on normal shuffle) and switch to a podcast, or audio book, or just another song or Playlist you should be able to resume where you were in said playlist.

Updated on 2023-09-14

Hello @Bridges_328 and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Vasil
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-09-14

Hello @Bridges_328 and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

cucumber2515

YES!!!! My playlists are really long (September 2023 and listen later playlists are both 16 hours), which means it takes days to reach the end of playlist. But most of the time I don't reach the end because at some point or the other I end up accidentally clicking on a song or something like that, which then causes me to completely lose my place in the shuffle and then the whole playlist has to reshuffle when I hit play again. I cannot emphasize enough how frustrating that problem is.

This proposed feature would also be helpful if you just want to listen to another playlist for a bit before returning to your first playlist without having to reshuffle it. For example, I could be listening to my listen later playlist, then go for a drive and want to put on a different playlist of songs that I know for sure I enjoy. But I don't want to lose my place in my listen later playlist either, so this feature would be immeasurably helpful.

I also have a suspicion that the shuffle algorithm prioritizes songs that I listen to more, and if that is true, then only listening to a very long playlist on shuffle part way through before it gets reshuffled is extremely problematic. Because if I only get to 1/2 of the songs in the first listen, and the second listen Spotify purposely shuffles those same songs to the front, then not only will it think I like those songs more because I keep listening to them (due to them coming up first in shuffle), making the problem worse, but the songs I didn't get to the first listen will continue to be further neglected.

ParentalControl

Yes this used to be a feature on free accounts and would be nice optional edition on all accounts free and premium.