[Roku] Please restore Spotify with Playlists

It was such a disappointment to lose playlists on Roku. I would like it restored. Now I got a new Roku and see that Spotify isn't even on it now. Such a  disappointment. Please bring it back and improve Roku platform functionality. That's what made me a premium subscriber in the first place. Thanks!

Updated on 2018-01-16

Marked as new idea.

Comments
RobErdman

I agree. Loss of Spotify on the Roku is very disappointing. I attempted to use the Roku channel 2 weeks ago and was advised I needed a premium account. Just got a premium account only to learn that the Roku channel has been dropped. Really?!

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-01-16

Marked as new idea.

rjmendoza217

I completely agree. I have been a Spotify Premium member since the company was only a few months old in the United States. I just purchased a 4k TCL Roku TV under the impression that Spotify was still available as a channel/app. I was extremely annoyed to learn that Spotify has not renewed their contract with Roku. Spotify, please renew your relationship with Roku as soon as possible. 

mdodge1974

Yes, this is extremely annoying. This was my primary means of streaming on my home stereo. Now I can only listen to music via a bluetooth speaker, which is nice and portable but doesn't sound as good as our stereo, or connect to the stereo via my phone's headphone jack. Cell phone headphone pres are trash, and the gain isn't properly matched the aux input on my stereo. The only situation where it's really convenient to use your service and get good sound now is in my car via Android auto... let's see how quickly I dump you jabroneys for Amazon if you remove that service...

HostileHacker

This needs to come back to Roku.  It worked well. Samsung was also pulled, but it didn't work well anyway.  

gklaughlin
Music Fan

With a lot more music streaming options than there used to be, my family and I are seriously considering cancelling our Spotify subscription and moving to another service.  Pandora has a wonderful Roku app. It can't be that hard to either create an app that is managed through the Roku remote or, like YouTube, enable casting from a smartphone or tablet to the Roku.  It has become painfully  obvious that the folks at Spotify don't consider its customers who use Rokus to be worth supporting.  That being the case, I'm considering finding another music service that does. This lack of suppport has gone on for YEARS.

user-removed
Not applicable

If Spotify will not again work on Roku devices, just say so. I'm tired of waiting for a fix. It's been over 6 weeks without Spotify even though I'm still paying my monthly subscription.

Im looking for an update that shows a timeline for the fix.

fogelfish

Likewise I listened to music on the home entertainment sound system connected to my TV, and that was a killer feature of the Spotify app on Roku. So please bring it back. Like some others here I would like to hear what the ETA is for this and at some point the silence from Spotify and the continued absence of this feature may lead me to go with Amazon or some other service. 

jpbandstra

It might be nice if Spotify would provide an estimated date for bringing back the "best thing since sliced bread" Roku app.

I, like many others, got premium so I could stream through my stereo amp and headphones. Now, can't do it without a lot more effort.

I think I will bail on Spotify and come back when this is fixed. Checking on other possibilities.

Really poor customer "service."

Update on 2/6/18: I did cancel my Spotify premium subscription.

djhollowpoint

Been over a month since you took away the Roku app with no word on when it will be back or if it will be back.  Paying customers demand to know if they have to cancel their service!  Please bring the app back!!