[Running] Bring back Running

Or at least give us a good reason for retiring it! It's my number one go to.

Updated on 2018-03-02

Hey everyone, thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

As we mentioned in our Community post, we always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. Please be assured we’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Also know you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Of course if there are any updates around this we will let you all know here. Thanks!

Comments
Tureluur

Very dissapointed! Please turn it back on!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-03-02

Hey everyone, thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

As we mentioned in our Community post, we always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. Please be assured we’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Also know you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Of course if there are any updates around this we will let you all know here. Thanks!

Lefty_83_16

Spotify, so you want me to download additional apps so I can have the feature you previously offered in one package? I see regression not progression. I'm about to drop you.

pleribus
Music Fan

The lack of transparency as to why is just salt in the wounds. Your explanation is no explanation at all.

Djennis
Casual Listener

@Meredith, this is the same non-answer I got from your support staff and we saw in the 'Running Retirement' announcement. Give us a real answer!

tkewiu934

What other apps are out there for runners that compared. I’m ready to quite paying premium with Spotify since they don’t have that feature anymore. Who wants my money? Running this morning with the 150-160 tempo option was a killer...my pace is way slower than normal. 

In4mixwiz
I have started using Rock my Run app. It allows me to adjust the bpm of
some of the playlists. Definitely do not have all the features figured out
yet.
whitas
Casual Listener

This is very dissapointing especially for long term customer like me. Will look for alternatives.

Cangoou
Music Fan

Thats really a desaster. The remaining so called "running"-playlists are so wide-ranged in pace that they are not useable. No chance to fast-switch between paces when doing interval-training. "Running" was the main reason I choose Spotify, so I just subscribed to my test-phase at Apple Music.

DanP86
Regular

THIS RUNKEEPER ARTICLE DOES NOT WORK. THIS NIKE+ ARTICLE DOES NOT WORK. GIVE US AN EXPLANATION!