[Running] Bring back Running

Or at least give us a good reason for retiring it! It's my number one go to.

Updated on 2018-03-02

Hey everyone, thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

As we mentioned in our Community post, we always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. Please be assured we’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Also know you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Of course if there are any updates around this we will let you all know here. Thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
chrisdeal85

This was literally implemented and working...very well!  What the heck?  Can't believe this awesome feature was just taken out...and especially without even providing a reason.  I don't think that's much to ask as a paying customer.

kaa5trup

Since Spotify is not answering us here on the community, I suggest that we post our questions about Spotify Running on Twitter.

Use the tags "@Spotify" and "@SpotifyCares".

If enough of us keeps asking, they cannot keep ignoring us.

Bkurtz204
Casual Listener

It’s been 10 months and I’m still mourning the loss of running mode. I just checked my yearly listening stats and I used Spotify only a fraction of the time that I used it for the year before, largely due to the loss of running mode. I got on a family plan this year so I’m not even paying for my premium membership anymore, but I still rarely use it because it’s value has decreased so sigifnicantly. I hope you’re enjoying not making any money off of me, because you’re not worth a dime without running mode. I am thankful for the other users that have commented on these threads giving me options for other resources that are well worth the money. I am most disappointed that Spotify never announced they would be getting rid of running mode, and they never gave a reason for why they got rid of it. That’s a super shady move, and it made me lose trust in your company. 

Give us a **bleep** reason why you took away such an amazing feature without any warning. And don’t give me any of the “you can still connect to Runkeeper!” None sense. We all know that. That’s not why we’re commenting. Don’t direct me to your “find out why the app changes” page that doesn’t give any sort of explanation or reasoning for getting rid of running mode. I don’t understand why you’re playing dumb about this issue, but it leaves me upset and disappointed to an extend that is likely beyond repair at this point. 

Angell88

Please bring it back... and with more option, like the ability to choose bpm and type of music. I love techno music when I run.