[Running] Bring back Running

Or at least give us a good reason for retiring it! It's my number one go to.

Updated on 2018-03-02

Hey everyone, thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

As we mentioned in our Community post, we always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. Please be assured we’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Also know you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Of course if there are any updates around this we will let you all know here. Thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
Buraczek

Please I need it in every days life!!!! Bring back running playlists please!

Rainbow_bear
Casual Listener

Also Android!

It was the almost the best part of Spotify, to be able to define the bpm yourself. Running playlist all suck, can't use those as they are just unbearably bad.  

Definitely need the Running back! I'm very dissatisfied that it was removed, with NO reason at all!

Winchester3000
Casual Listener

I need the running back ... all my triathlon runs and bike cadence workout are based on Running originals. Please bring it back 

nathaniel0

As someone who has just got into running the 'your running mix' was really handy and it's a shame to butcher it for no apparent reason. It has led me to question what direction spotify is heading in, as if you remove all the features that make you different than apple music (and all actually improve UX), what makes you unique?

Why was it removed.

mattystevenson
Casual Listener

Please bring it back. 

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-02-27

Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search :)

Giginy
Casual Listener

Please, please, please, PLEASE!!! Bring it back! It‘s the reason I have Spotify!

gigjohn

My runs are based off of those playlists. I dont know why they would pull them for no reason. 

rrvanwyk07

Really sad to see this feature dissappear. Without it I may as well cancel my premium and use Amazon music.

p3ric0
Casual Listener

The RockMyRun app seems to do the job. Its interface isn't as intuitive unfortunately but you'll be able to set your BPM. I'll be unsubscribing from Spotify until they resolve this issue.