[Running] Bring back Running

Or at least give us a good reason for retiring it! It's my number one go to.

Updated on 2018-03-02

Hey everyone, thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

As we mentioned in our Community post, we always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. Please be assured we’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Also know you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Of course if there are any updates around this we will let you all know here. Thanks!

Comments
zandalo

I loved spotify running feature!! I would like to bring it back!!

atekbailey

Bring it back!

It really does seem like Spotify community who can be bothered to express an interest in the running feature seem to have been removed from the community forum and guided to the idea 'dumping ground' where they can be rudely ignored forever!

ChristianBlanch

What is it going to take to bring this feature back?

And why did you remove it in the first place when it obviously has a huge group of customers using this feature.

Please provide an update, it has been over 6 months.

svelasco1

bring it back!!

Draper3000

I've only just discovered this was a feature. .. I really want it having seen some bpm playlists on a site only available for YouTube, google and Apple music.

This feature would be (was?) superb.

Please bring it back...

CZeb

78 pages of comments of customers who would want the Running feature back into Spotify and it's been 7 months. I'm not sure why this feature hasn't been added back. I seriously loved it. 

Phantis
Casual Listener

What was this feature? What did it do?

I would still like this feature restored. I’m not sure why it left in the first place. It was working and did it really cost them anything? Very much hoping this returns. 

stronglikedan
Regular

The staff keeps reiterating that they listen to their users, but basically all I've seen so far is lip service. My $0.99 trial is up in a couple of weeks, and I must say, in the 1.5 months I have been a premium member, I've already had useful features taken away for no good reason, and that is not good. There's almost never a reason to remove a feature, and, while this is one that I didn't get a chance to use, I would surely miss it had I had the opportunity to use it. Such a shame. I have a couple more trials to go through before I pick settle on a service, but shenanigans link this do not bode well for Spotify being the one.

sawyerlm
Casual Listener

I have NO CLUE why the running cadence feature was removed. Please, please bring it back. It was the BEST thing about Spotify!