[Running] Bring back Running

Or at least give us a good reason for retiring it! It's my number one go to.

Updated on 2018-03-02

Hey everyone, thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

As we mentioned in our Community post, we always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. Please be assured we’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Also know you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Of course if there are any updates around this we will let you all know here. Thanks!

Comments
Slask

Metoo. Still waiting. The running feature where you can change bpm. That was the best running music feature ever and it was very easy to syncronize the bpm to the selected pace.

Dre16

Come on Spotify!!!! 81 pages of cries for the bpm-run feature...

What is going on? No answers whatsoever... One year later, give us back the bpm runs!!!

Give us something!

PauloJf
Casual Listener

forget about it, it's not coming back and we're not getting a response from Spotify.

I terminated my premium account and now use RockMyRun app, not the same but quite good (other have found other alternatives), the static playlists are not the same.

Simply take your money elsewhere if Dazer, Apple Music or Google Music implement this feature I'll joit that service in a flash!!

bsg68

I have found a satisfactory solution for now. 

1. Take the palylists that you like and copy them all to a new playlist. Make it as big as possible.

2. Open http://sortyourmusic.playlistmachinery.com in your browser and login with your Spotify account details

3. Select the newly created playlist

4.Select your min and max bpm and indicate if half can be used as well

5. Create a new playlist for our running

Afterwards, you can do the same and add the songs in a new playlist to the one you already have.

svelasco1
that's brilliant! 
then in your Point 5 you make this playlist back in Spotify?
this could be a workaround - but hey Spotify - this doesn't mean I don't want the Running option back!!!!
SamantaZdzuj

Why would the bpm running device even have been deleted? It was one of Spotify’s most useful features, very disappointing!! 

Recent changes on Spotify have been very dissatisfying, hope the feature will be made available again soon... 

mlovesmusic

I'm still missing this feature which I was using every time I did a running workout like 3 or 4 times a week. Running with Musik is not the same anymore... 

duckyjp

This has been a devastating feature to lose. Please bring it back!! I am a die hard Spotify member and I just can’t understand why it disappeared. It really helped me start enjoying running for the first time. 

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

This is something I really miss, but @bsg68's suggestion is a great workaround for now.

ankush_s

Been over a year and I still miss this feature. It helped me finish my first 10k. Please bring it back.