[Running] Bring back Running

Or at least give us a good reason for retiring it! It's my number one go to.

Updated on 2018-03-02

Hey everyone, thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

As we mentioned in our Community post, we always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. Please be assured we’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Also know you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Of course if there are any updates around this we will let you all know here. Thanks!

Comments
pleribus
Music Fan

Why do I get the feeling that the feature removal has something to do with a back room deal with a sporting affiliate who offers running apps...

Djennis
Casual Listener

Wait, they removed it? I thought I just couldn't find it anymore. Why would they remove it?

Lindaclaire03
Regular

That's EXACTLY what we all want to know. WHY?! 

MooshuBeef

I'm gutted this is gone. I don't know why the feature is gone. They replaced it with playlists with ranges of 15bpm. I NEED the 5bpm intervals and the control to switch to it easily. 

TP519

So sad this is gone. Will cancel Spotify without this feature. 

Rhuadur

YES , PLEASE!   WHAT THE **bleep**?!

The running feature (setting BPMs, tempo playlists) is my favourite feature (apart from having "any" song available whenever I want, true..) but still..

It can be inside the 'Workout' category, thats cool.. but I wannt to be able to set my own BPM.
Any moderately serious runner will tell you they plan a run baased on a specific BPM and 170-190 is too broad.

-IJRR

nicoletbn

By far my main use of spotify in terms of time spent listening. This is absolutely tragic.

coltonbateham

Yes! I can here for the first time just to post this! I can't agree more. (Android here)

Do you know of any other streaming services that might provide this?

Cphillam
Casual Listener

I will stop using Spotify Premium all together without this feature!!!  

lklaus

Same, I'm livid. If another streaming site/app releases this functionality I will immediately switch.