[Running] Bring back Running

Or at least give us a good reason for retiring it! It's my number one go to.

Updated on 2018-03-02

Hey everyone, thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

As we mentioned in our Community post, we always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. Please be assured we’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Also know you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Of course if there are any updates around this we will let you all know here. Thanks!

Comments
BethanyJohnson

I'm still ticked about this EVERY time I go to run. I used those things several times a week. There's nothing else that matches perfectly to my pace, is long enough to last a whole run, and is high energy instrumental. It's been over a year since we had them. WHY THE HECK!?!?!?! Could you just explain WHY they went away?? The infrastructure was ALREADY THERE. It's not like you have to go build something new, just put up the old category and call it a day. I just... there are no words. I'm still ticked. That's all. If you don't provide it, please point me to someone who will. 

smithja11
Casual Listener
#MeToo. I got so used to the playlist songs that it generated. They were
random songs and I don't even know them but they really worked, they should
have left those playlists in our account,
mike_m

hey all, for those who enjoyed the spotify BPM-based "originals" (blissed out, seasons, epic, embrace, etc.), you can still access them in this long playlist of all originals, at all BPMs, which you can use to create your own playlist at your personal BPM for running:

playlist name:  running originals - blissed out, seasons, burn, epic, lock the flow, chase, embrace, escape, go

URI for searching in spotify:  spotify:user:moomba40:playlist:5MkwI1WDWXtrvjYfsN69FP

hope this helps some of you!

mike 

tamaelia

A big shout-out to mike_m for making the playlists of the originals, it's a crying shame that spotify can't just reinstate what was a perfectly functioning feature that so many users enjoyed.  Nearly a year later and no update from spotify - where are you????

tamaelia

the teams at Spotify have been actively reading your comments and feedback in this thread.  They will also continue to read your comments and watch the vote counts in this Idea thread: “Please Bring Back Running”This was from last year when users were fobbed off:

Community Manager
Community Manager
Spotify Staff here again. 

I can assure you that the teams at Spotify have been actively reading your comments and feedback in this thread.  They will also continue to read your comments and watch the vote counts in this Idea thread: “Please Bring Back Running”

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Running-Please-Bring-Back-Running/idi-p/4399078/p...

We would like to collect all your feedback in one place, which is why we’re closing this thread and encouraging you to all share your sentiments in that  Idea post.
 Be sure to add your vote there as well if you support the idea. 

As we mentioned, you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse.

You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Thank you for your feedback.

I wonder if "the teams at Spotify have been actively reading your comments and feedback in this thread.  They will also continue to read your comments and watch the vote counts in this Idea thread: “Please Bring Back Running”.  - Where is the feedback to the community? Come on Meredith, it's nearly a year later... how many votes does the Idea need?

kaa5trup

Honestly Meredith, where is the feedback from Spotify to us. I sincerely doubt they are actively reading and even if they are they obviously do not care enough to let us know why they removed it in the first place.

Please remember, that this is not a new idea (even though it is presented as a new idea on this site). This was a feature that already existed, that thousands of customers loved and that Spotify chose to remove for no reason. The only words from Spotify were: We have retired the running feature, we always strive to make Spotify better.

Obviously the group of people at Spotify who made this choise do not run.

I don't like they removed the feature - at least let us know what the real reason was. But I really really hate being ignored and being "talked down to" with the lame excuse/announcement that followed the retirement. And the alternatives that Spotify suggests are just plain BS.

I am still a paying customer. Spotify is still a great product - just now awesome to the extend it was before. I just want Spotify Running back, and I am willing to pay extra for it.

el-capi

I agree. Any updates on this?

The community really liked this feature. It helped people exercise, which is great PR.

It's such a shame it was removed.

Linda-C

HELLOOOHOO...? SPOTIFY-TEAM? STILL WAITING FOR YOUR COMMENT...

We’re all still waiting for your comment or statusupdate on this subject? Why don’t we hear anything from you??

Linda-C

And Mike_m, thank you sooooo much for your post!! I found the playlists and made my own BPM-list! Thanks again!

Linda

Markovienna

Still waiting for this feature to come back - or at least a logical (!) answer, why it‘s gone.

so many people want to have it back! Why is spotify not caring about their use base???