Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Soundbars fully support Alexa with Spotify

Hello,

I am an otherwise happy owner of an Samsung HW-Q900A soundbar (with Dolby Atmos). There are many owners that are not happy about the missing functionality of playing Spotify with the in the soundbar built-in Alexa. Alexa just says that Spotify is not supported on this device when you ask Alexa to play something on spotify.

Amazon Music with Alexa works with a Amazon Music unlimited subscription or Amazon prime.

There are really many users that are frustrated about this. Many more are not reporting it as they can see others have failed getting it working. See here for some examples:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/soundbar-q800t-gt-control-spotify-with-alexa/td-p/19...

German: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/samsung-soundbar-hw-q950t-alexa-spotify-problem/td-p...

I would really appreciate if Spotify could get this working.

Kind regards Christian

Updated on 2023-01-27

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Vickysahujpr

Facing same issue with my samsung soundbar q8000a

Please make it work, we are premium Spotify users

ImmaRockinDuck

I am yet another happy buyer of the q900a and was really disappointed to learn that I can't really use this feature on the soundbar. The other apps aren't available in my country ( Romania), so it would be really lovely if this can be done.

Hello,

I am the owner of the Samsung HW - Q900A soundbar. and it is not possible to start spotify through alexa and I am very sorry because I bought this soundbar even with the support of both alexa and spotify on the product and it is a great pity that they are not compatible with each other in this device. Since I am a long-term spotify premium user, I would like to ask you to address this problem, as I am probably not the only one who has this problem with an otherwise great product from Samsung.

Thank you very much if you will address this problem.

Regards, Dalibor

Snapsh0t

This actually makes me either return my device or switch to Amazon Music... 

tangerinetee
  • This idea was closed but I'd like to bring it back. It's frustrating not being able to play Spotify using Alexa on Samsung soundbars
GhoststalkerCZ

Same here - I own 2 Samsung soundbars (Q930 and Q990) and not being able to use Alexa-Spotify with them is a serious let down, which makes me re-think if I should continue paying for Premium or use a different service. Thumbs down to Spotify for not being able to solve this for over 2 years.

Marc-2629

The fact this doesn’t work convinced me I don’t need to renew my spotify subscription. Worse than that actually, I’ll probably stop using even the free version. 

HomerSimplon

Same: just unsubscribed.

Suggesting interoperability with the logos and marketing description of the soundbar and then not even considering to deliver the most basic functionality someone would expect is a shame.

BTW: Y'all might want to have a look at YT music - Chromecast in combination with Google Assistant does the job.

Goodman_

same issue on Samsung q990b soundbar