Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] [Filter] Add an option to sort/view music by BMP

Hello!

A useful feature for the people that go out running would be an option to view and sort/search  music based on beats per minute (BMP), either in "My Music" or overall in Spotify.

I am aware that there are different public Playlists based on bpm, but i'm still feeling a lack of possibility to view/sort music that i personally prefer by bmp.
What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-03-10

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

drusilla77

I love this idea.  I want to create playlist for the music in my library to work out to or for yoga. 

twigleg2

As a dancer, being able to sort my playlists by BPM is an important feature that I hurt for.

veesece

I agree, it would be very useful and I'm sure lots of people would take advantage of it.

brof343

I'd love for there to be an ability to show the column in settings, and include a key of the song as well

Horselover

I use beats per minute to find music that suits horses in creating musical freestyles. Most freestyle music is instrumental, which is problematic for determining beats per minute. This is because there are usually different segments in a song with different beats per minute. I would be delighted, however, to have a bpm designation for the dominant (proportionately largest) segment in a piece of music. And to be able to sort by this designation. Even better, allow bpm to be part of multiple filters so I can get to the instrumental pieces. Thank you for bringing this topic up again. I'm a new community member and was disappointed that so many of the bpm suggestions were closed due to lack of "likes".

tommytastic

I use spotify to make running playings and discover music to use for DJing. Both are highly bpm dependent so it would be nice to see, sort and even filter out bpms.

ItsFlokkie

Really looking forward to this kind of functionality within Spotify. 

Martin12343

there should also be an option to sort playlists that you create by bpm. Not only all your music (not sure if you meant that also) 

JoeBash

I think this was already suggested in another way, but here goes...

A feature that allows users to sort any playlist/album etc. based on BPM would be highly appreciated for numerous reasons. I personally alternate among different BPMs depending on what task is at hand. Other users have already mentioned dancing, running etc.

Simply put, it is a great feature that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks. Stay safe!