[Search] Advanced search through Albums by Genre

Hi,i can't go away from spotify because of one thing:advanced search...sadly for genres browsing you can only see songs....i know that you can create playlists and sort by album or by artist/album title but i would like if you would be able to browse albums by genre....the great thing would be that you could do two things that you can already do and that is using a search operator like year or a range so a decade also like for songs..right now albums can be browsed but not by genre...listening songs is nice but albums is much better so with browsing albums by genre the experience of advanced search would be complete! I have emailed spotify and they are thinking about it...i am sure i am not the only one wanting this....Yes spotify is not perfect,it has its flaws...but it is the only music streaming service with an advanced search and that is a great thing......browsing songs by genre is great but browsing albums by genre would be even better because listening to songs is good but never as much as having the journey of listening to an album.....there is no comparison....in fact i don't really like radio,i prefer listening to albums.....

Updated on 2019-07-26

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-07-26

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here