Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Search] Alphabet scroll bar

I'm really missing the alphabet scroll bar for artists and songs on the iPhone Spotify app. Please return this feature!

Spiffy.jpg

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

The A-Z scroll bar is back on iOS, under the Artist tab on Your Library. 

We can see that there are users requesting this feature on Android too, so we'll keep the status as 'Not Right Now', so you can keep adding your votes. 

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
R-Pete-G

Still not back on the latest Android update (8.5.18.934).

How ridiculous it is that we're eagerly awaiting the return of a common sense feature that should never have been removed in the first place. 

HansenPhoto

IMG_3745.PNG

Saw this yesterday, an update!  It is always with some trepidation that I proceed with the updates from Spotify, wondering what functionality might be removed or changed.  Fortunately with version 8.5.18.851 the scroll search is still there for Artists and Albums, running iOS 12.4

Nondre

My liked songs list is still missing it too. Super frustrating.

StevieBear

Who thought it was a good idea to remove this feature?! I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!!!

Row1

Can’t stress enough how much of a big loss it was to lose this feature. I now have no way of browsing my music quickly; either I have to know what artist I want to listen to in advance or I have to scroll through 100s of artists to work my way down the alphabet.

I understand spotify want to prioritise playlist consumption, and directing customers to the home page for new releases etc. But this such a small feature that doesn’t make the UI clunky at all.

If i’m going to rent music from Spotify, I at least want to be able to browse it. 

I will shorly be moving to another streaming provider. This update has absolutely killed spotify for me, which is a big shame.

Row1

And - not to mention that all the artists I haven’t “followed” are just littered at the bottom of the pile below Z!

Why would I follow, say, an inactive artist, or an artist who I don’t want to hear updates from? Just so spotify can include them in what’s already a broken browsing experience?

If you keep making decisions by prioritising artists streams rather than customer autonomy and UX, you’ll start losing out 

Kae5201

Bump. I’m so frustrated by the lack of this feature now. It honestly is making me look into other music streaming systems. It is so so annoying to try and scroll down the whole list, especially since I do like listening to all my liked songs at once. 

mrcanazza

I have been waiting for a few months for this feature to come back to the app, and now I have grown tired of waiting. Either you bring back the alphabetical shortcuts on the right for songs, artists, albums, everywhere, or I'm going to Deezer.

How can I trust a company that removes extremely useful features for no good reason? Now I have to scroll through 1000s of songs to listen to Zombie. If I search for zombie, It will further only play songs with zombie on the title. The decision to remove alphabetical shortcuts is so dumb it's unbelievable.

You've got one week, spotify.

ambria1

I’m so tired of scrolling to find the song I want i wish the alphabet scroll bar was back! Spotify u make me so **bleep**ing angry I need to go back to Apple Music however Spotify got the equalizer on premium so..... u still need 2 **bleep** together Spotify! 

Bdcarbon

Without it it takes FOREVER to find a specific song, especially if it’s lower in the alphabet. 😕