Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Search] Alphabet scroll bar

I'm really missing the alphabet scroll bar for artists and songs on the iPhone Spotify app. Please return this feature!

Spiffy.jpg

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

The A-Z scroll bar is back on iOS, under the Artist tab on Your Library. 

We can see that there are users requesting this feature on Android too, so we'll keep the status as 'Not Right Now', so you can keep adding your votes. 

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
updog

@HansenPhoto i just realized you're talking about your list of playlists 😄 

I'm talking about having the bar available while viewing the songs inside a playlist 

HansenPhoto

I totally agree that would be a nice feature as well, some of my playlists have many hundreds of songs and it would be nice to have the same sorting options that Artists and Albums have.  I saw Spotify had another update and is now 8.5.17.713.  It is always with fear and trepidation that I do the update, hoping we don't lose key features with the new update.  Fortunately, the scroll bar is still there...

overwilhelmed

Server side update was pushed to me this morning and I now have the alphabetical scroll bar for albums when sorted by artist or title and for artist when sorted alphabetically. Phone is iPhone 7+ running ios13 public beta and Spotify is version 8.5.17.71

077D7C3C-EFA1-4780-978B-9972B11CD715.png

Nondre

I need this back. Every time i use the filter it doesnt automatically queue up the playlist behind whatever song I play. Please, Bring back the alphabet scroll, and put the queue back. The mobile apps should reflect better what the desktop app provides. 

HansenPhoto

Nondre what version of Spotify are you running?  Scroll search is back on iOS 8.5.17.713.  Perhaps getting the latest update will solve your issue

ambria1
##- Please type your reply above this line -#
I have the latest version
updog

Keep in mind guys, while a lot of you are seeing the feature returned where you use it (eg artists or albums list), it's not back for all of us as some us use it in our Favorited/Liked Songs and others in their custom playlists, where this feature has not been added back yet 

cbosua

Seriously this is such a small basic feature but it is so useful. SO FRUSTRATING that this just disappeared, it's a pretty poor user experience without it. Please fix it. I'm sure it will take one day out of someone's time. PLEASE!

ochrasy

Yes, please bring the alphabetical scroll bar back, especially for albums.

HansenPhoto

ochrasy, scroll search is back in Albums with version 8.5.17.713, just fyi, (I'm using iPhone 6s running iOS12.3.1)