Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Search] Globe Learning 🤓

I am Emanuele and I am 16 years old. I thought about an interesting idea that I would add to your platform.

I would build a world map, where artists all around the globe are shown up and you can zoom in and look for what people in that specific country/city are listening to. I would add it in the premium accounts to incentivize people to buy it. That would bring people to know more artists and be able to listen to foreign artists more easily.

For instance, I would like to improve my German, what's the best way to do it? Listen to German music and learn new vocables. So, what shall I do? I'll just go to the main world map of Spotify, zoom on Germany, and look for artists.

I'm pretty sure that this innovative idea could bring Spotify Premium listeners different benefits!

I hope that you will consider this offer and contact me. 

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
VincenzoAureo

You can use the RateYourMusic website for this and it makes a world map of all of the artists you know, you should try it.

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Pibbles

In expanding an artist's page within the application I noticed it listed 5 or 6 of the top listens based on city and country. It seems like a really cool feature that could easily be expanded on and benefited from. I mean Spotify already has to track who listens to what and how often (Point being that the data is already really there for ya so it wouldn't be to big a step to publish it somehow). Why not create some kind of info graphic or even a slick and interactive sort of map that shows the density of listeners from the viewpoint of the entire world. I would absolutely love to know and possibly interact with international people who have the same taste as I do and maybe get introduced to some new artists along the way. Just think of it like a map showing what a pandemic is doing to the world, except instead of publishing data on bad things, it is a way to know what good there is in the world in the form of music.