Announcements

[Search] Provide detailed information in list view of song search results

When searching for a song, there is often more than 1 version. In many cases, the actual songs were the same, only on different albums, but sometimes there is a difference like remaster or even remix version.

But it is hard to find out unless I start each song to listen into or read the detailed information. See this screenshot for a search of "Where Are We Going? Marvin Gaye" (this comes from an intent by the Shazam app, which puts the title before the artist), there are several versions, including remixes.

Which one should I listen to and why?
Which one to save for later in a playlist, when I have no time to listen immediately as I overheard or shazammed a song on the radio or in a shop?
Your app will start the first song, which is often okay, so thumbs up for a mostly good algorithm. But some more details would be helpful. Maybe each long line could start scrolling after some time. Or you could use the 6 redundant lines of "Song . Marvin Gaye" to indicate which is the newest / most remastered / most popular version, and which are remixes?

andoid.png

Correct the highlighted errors and try again. This idea exchange requires at least one label for each idea. You have autosaved content from 12:26 PM. Drag and drop here or browse files to attach

Updated on 2021-04-07

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Comments
Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-04-07

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!